Can you charge a different unit after killing another unit in the shooting phase?

Ruusaan
Go to solution Solved by Stitch5000,

This came up in our last game in that I had a unit of assault troops in range to charge two different enemy units (in different directions). I shot at one killing them off with the pistols, I wasn't expecting them to have all died from those attacks.
With this enemy unit removed does this open up the other enemy unit for an eligible charge as they are now the only unit in range for charging or as they fired in the shooting phase but didn't shoot at the remaining unit are they unable to charge, despite the other unit being removed?

We played it as the second option that they couldn't charge but just seemed weird leaving this assault squad unable to charge for being very lucky with their pistol shots.

• Solution

Page 180 of the rulebook:

• In addition to the list above, a unit that has made a Shooting Attack in the Shooting phase can only Charge a unit that it targeted during that turn’s Shooting phase.

If the unit you shot at it no longer there, you cannot charge a different unit. 

Edited by Stitch5000

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Xenith said:

Down at the bottom right - thanks for that Gorgoff, I was looking for the rule in my last game and couldn't find it, great news for dreads. 

I feel you.

We tried to find the general rules for cover saves and searched for 10 minutes. Drove me almost mad.