Alaitoc board control list

Galron

Trying to get away from Doom and Ulthwé lists and try something different. I will explain my real questions after the list. This is more of a painting project but having something usable for leagues and campaigns primarily is the goal. Obviously not a top end list but should cause headaches.

Alaitoc 2k

Farseer -Shiftshroud of Alansair, WTL: Master of Ambush, Doom guide

Illic Nightspear

Rangers x10 Wireweave net

Rangers x5 wireweave net

Rangers x5 wireweave net

Fire dragons bare

Warlock Skyrunner conceal reveal

Wraithblades axe and shield x5

Wraithlord 2 brightlances + ghostglaive

Shining Spears x3 exarch with expert lancers 

Shroud Runners x4

Warp Spiders x5 exarch with dual spinners and Spiders Lair skill

Support Weapons- x3 D-Cannons

War Walkers x3 Scatter Lasers

Wraithseer with ghost spear, D-Cannon, Protect/conceal

Wraithblades will pop out of a webway gate onto an objective and scuffle with anyone there, hopefully supported by another unit. I am tempted to drop the war walkers for another D-Cannon Support unit. each of which guarded by one of the wraithlord/seers who after the threat of deep strikers goes away will then go hunting. Farseer on foot and the 10 rangers supported by shroud runners will take objectives and do actions. 

My main concerns are the Fire Dragons and the Shining spears. Fire Dragons are to pop out of a webway gate and pop a vehicle. I am not really sure if I want to be spending that much CP that early since I only start with 4 and probably will use Phantasm if need be. Tempted to drop them and increase the size of the Shining Spears and shroud runners and give the exarch a star lance and just say to hell with dedicated long range AT.

In my few games, personally I've found fire dragons to be outclassed by wave serpents. Big targets like custodes, chaos knights etc managed to get so many buffs, like no rerolls, 4++, etc. 6 fire dragons will get about 4 hits on a knight, then 3 wounds, 2 saved (with cp reroll) for ~6 damage. Then the dragons die next turn, expecially as they can't battle focus out of there having deployed that turn. 

The serpent, or two prisms can sit at the back and throw out that much damage in relative safety, especially as Alaitoc. 

You can maybe move the wraithlords up earlier - forwarned is a pretty good strat, and units are going to be wary of deepstriking in next to a farseer and 3x D cannons or warwalkers. 

I decided to change a little around and focus more on scoring. 

Alaitoc 2k

Farseer - WTL: Serr of Shifting vector Guide/doom 

Autarch on skyrunner firesabre, Fates Messenger.

Rangers x5

Rangers x5 

Rangers x5 

warlock Quicken/restrain

Warlock Skyrunner conceal reveal

Warlock Skyrunner protect/jinx

Wraithblades axe and shield x5

Shroud Runners x5

Shroud Runners x5

Shroud Runners x5

Support Weapons- x3 D-Cannons

Support Weapons D-cannons

Wraithseer with ghost spear, D-Cannon, Protect/conceal

The rangers and skyrunners as Alaitoc are all 2+/3+ armor saves and in cover -1 to hit.   The  shroud runner units work in tandem with each other backed up by the autarch and a farseer dropping 15 sniper shots and 90 scatter laser shots. The warlocks move with the skyrunners in order to debuff their targets or help with the warlock yo-yo for the secondary action. Mostly dealing with flanks while picking at units going for the center which in theory is in range of the D-cannons. Two units of 5 go up the other flank and try to avoid being noticed possibly backed up by the warwalkers. 

Basically the plan is to adopt the school of fish strategy in movement and avoid contact by flowing around enemy units and dictating the course of battle. I am aware Ulthwé might be a slightly better craftworld but the survivability buff from Alaitoc I think will be worth it, especially if I can stick to cover with my bikes.

Edited by Galron