Power Sabre vs hunting lance

It actually says, word for word:

"For every 5 models in this unit, 1 model's hunting lance can be replace with 1 goad lance."

The Sergeant is a model in the unit, hence the lance on that model can be replaced. And then you can equip a power sabre in addition if you want, because it says nothing about replacing the lance when you take the sabre. You just have both weapons.

1 hour ago, sairence said:

It actually says, word for word:

"For every 5 models in this unit, 1 model's hunting lance can be replace with 1 goad lance."

The Sergeant is a model in the unit, hence the lance on that model can be replaced. And then you can equip a power sabre in addition if you want, because it says nothing about replacing the lance when you take the sabre. You just have both weapons.

That will probably get FAQed

pretty sure we all understand the intent behind the goad option.

1. The kit isn't out yet. I have no horse models. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't field them. 

2. The sentence is very clearly worded. There is literally nothing there that can be misinterpreted. You're simply adding additional meaning without any basis in text.

3. The "official picture" is promo material, nothing more, nothing less.

39 minutes ago, sairence said:

1. The kit isn't out yet. I have no horse models. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't field them. 

2. The sentence is very clearly worded. There is literally nothing there that can be misinterpreted. You're simply adding additional meaning without any basis in text.

3. The "official picture" is promo material, nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah just ignore all of the official images, and the context of every other squad in the army and sure there’s nothing to base saying the goad was not intended for Sargent…

5 hours ago, jarms48 said:

I don’t see much point in the goad lance personally. The melta lance is decent enough against everything, and against hordes you always have the frag option.

Its rather good at helping against marines, especially once the squad has taken a few losses.

6 hours ago, jarms48 said:

I don’t see much point in the goad lance personally. The melta lance is decent enough against everything, and against hordes you always have the frag option.

Auspex did a video on Rough Riders. Goad lance is a bit better versus marines, a bit worse against GEQ and slightly worse against TEQ, while being better against vehicles.