Lord of change model

happyslugger

If you just build it as Kairos than I doubt most people would care if you use it as a regular Lord of Change.

But I'd also suggest that with mutli-option kits sometimes its best to just make a choice and not worry about failing to get maximum option value out of an expensive purchase. You might find it more fulfiling to customise your model and write a name and backstory than in preparing for some potential future option where you made the wrong choice.

I'm still saving up for my plastic LoC but I'm only going to magnetise the weapons and that's all I did with the other Greater Daemons with special character options because I had no intention of choosing a colour scheme that would fit those special characters and painting someone else's daemon would have limited by creativity. If you want to magnetise a model do it because you enjoy it not out of some unhealthy idea about optimising your investment in a hard to justify recreational purchase.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

I have magnetised my GUO and various other models.  I even kitbashed a Rotigus conversion out of the GUO bits and a glotkin (I was proud of it). I've got a fleabay maulerfeind on the way that I plan to magnetise, but if I can build it without the magnets it saves time.

Was just thinking if there was a particular build that could pass as both then that would save me the worry.  I've found a video on YT going over magnetising the model, so may have a look at that also.

I don't play that much and not competitively so I suppose it doesn't make too much difference...

4 hours ago, Progenitor said:

This is the plan that I had with mine and that's what I did. 

Did you pick a particular paint scheme (official one) or go with your own?

I will likely follow a youtube video and have seen two I like, one GW and the other TWG

Edited by happyslugger

The GOU has a lot of large flat surfaces, it's probably one if the easiest miniatures to magantise available.

Of the other 3 i'd probably say the LOC is about the hardest, specifically the head option as there's no real "neck" to work with despite the model having a very large neck.

On 12/12/2022 at 11:31 AM, happyslugger said:

Did you pick a particular paint scheme (official one) or go with your own?

Not got to that point yet. It was originally for the Disciples of Tzeentch and Chaos Daemons project to use the same models for both games, but that never came to pass. I've used him as Kairos with the new Daemons codex once but he's just boring grey plastic right now. I did ponder upon doing a Monochrome Tzeentch scheme as something different from what we normally get. 

1 hour ago, The Neverborn said:

The GOU has a lot of large flat surfaces, it's probably one if the easiest miniatures to magantise available.

Of the other 3 i'd probably say the LOC is about the hardest, specifically the head option as there's no real "neck" to work with despite the model having a very large neck.

I found a video on YouTube but it looks a faff and I am not a competitive player, so will just build it up as fateweaver and proxy. 

1 hour ago, Progenitor said:

Not got to that point yet. It was originally for the Disciples of Tzeentch and Chaos Daemons project to use the same models for both games, but that never came to pass. I've used him as Kairos with the new Daemons codex once but he's just boring grey plastic right now. I did ponder upon doing a Monochrome Tzeentch scheme as something different from what we normally get. 

Ah okay.  I'm working on my thousand sons at the moment, so mine won't get built for quite a while.  I got a deal on it so thought why not as I have some nurgle and khorne daemons and belakor. TBH I don't play that much but I like to build and paint when I get the time. 

Edited by happyslugger

Well good luck over Christmas then :thumbsup: Also when you finish those "Spirits in a full shell" make sure to put thousand sons in your Signature as another one of your armies... :tongue:

Cheers, M 

P.S. you saying that has reminded me, I need to get my Chaos daemons done over Christmas !! :laugh:

• 3 months later...

Well I've finished the thousand sons and Magnus now.

I've painted up ten pink, blue and brimstone horrors, so just the LOC left.

Would love to see some of your LOC models for inspiration :-)

I think I'm just going to build it one way and forget magnetising it (unless it is easy) so just need to decide a paint scheme. 

seen a couple of YouTube videos which I could follow.

I may just follow Duncan here:

Edited by happyslugger

large.IMG_0246.JPG.b058fd056fe162ea7bc0817e736622cb.JPGlarge.IMG_0244.JPG.4a3e37421e93b2159fdc6f486193d21a.JPGlarge.IMG_0243.JPG.02a863751b7ccfc79d7571c4b60929d8.JPGlarge.IMG_0242.JPG.c42fcce443e0b75136550a5e13aa5e43.JPG

This is my LOC. I kind of wish I did him as Kairos. I think it's better to do that and then call it a LOC then do a LOC and call it Kairos. So at some point I'll have to buy the model again and make Kairos which I am not looking forward to. It was ok to build, and ok to paint. There are still some things like cloth that I could improve on but overall I am happy with him.

I think he looks fab. 

The model wasn't the best to put together and one of the wings didn't fit 100% on mine not matter what I did.  The legs and pelvic area were also a faff.

I've built mine as Karios but am painting him similar to yours. I looked online and Reddit and most people don't care how he is built or what colour the model is.  

I've just finished painting Magnus and his red Wings, etc so fancied following Duncan's blue this time around.