Thunderwolf calvary Load out

Prot

So I have two boxes of these guys that have been sitting forever. I always stall out when building them, but I pushed to finish putting together one box:

Hammer/Shield, Hammer/Shield, and Chainsword/Pistol.

So Box 2 I'm thinking:

Claw/Chainsword x 3

I have no idea what to do with these guys. The thing is I would like to use the Wulfen as Hammer/Shields since they benefit from Shields most and will get to attack on death.  Wulfen are S5 so a S10 hammer seems more potent than going heavy hammers into TWC? 

However, the Claw build was huge competitively with any marine army until AoC. Is it worth it now?

Is anyone using fist/shield in their TWC to get the AP up a bit? 

Never used TWC...current game is too lethal and they wont make it anywhere before dying.

Did consider the wolf lord and battle leader on TWC.  Look out sir gives them a chance to live but they never make the final cut though because cavalry and just terrain dont work.

Frost claw is a relic upgrade to make LC better but i have decided MC TH is my favorite.

PF have the AP but lose half their damage into many targets you would be going after

Choice of wargear comes down to your personal choice and expected opponents

I play them a fair amount and I like claw shield on the main guys with powerfist or thunderhammer either with shield on the Sergeant. The strat for +1 to wound works well on them and advance and charge menmans they can close quick. You might have to play them cagey early on thiugh as they aren't too hard to kill.

TWC are in a bit of a rough spot right now.  Their damage output and speed makes them good.  However they are out done by Wulfen on damage dealing, and WG units can be made faster or tougher without a drop in attack quality.  I think they can be played effectively, it just takes better (expensive) war gear and better tactics now.  Competitively they are a mid-tier unit for us.  Just my opinion.