No Heresy at Adepticon?

Go to solution Solved by TheNineteenth,

Hearing through some channels that the Heresy train was hitched to someone bringing tables who has sadly passed away.

This wasn't revealed to we, the non-Wolfpack chat plebes, until AFTER the failure to announce events when the Adepticon event preview dropped this afternoon.

Is there anything being done on this? How can we, the game playing public, help?

To players in the rest of the world, Adepticon is the largest wargaming convention in North America, with a strong tradition of Heresy narrative and casual/friendly events.

Yes, Nate Taylor passed away. He was a huge part of getting things out to Chicago from the East Coast (and frankly did a lot of things no one else wanted to deal with). Besides him, there are several of us that are no longer running Heresy events at Adepticon, for a broad range of life and burnout reasons. There were a bunch of great people that ran things this year, but I have no idea what that status is next year. 

There was a pretty active FB group for the Adepticon Heresy events, but I'm not sure of it's current status.

Edited by Ripper.McGuirl

Sorry, I'm not trying to call out that loss; would have loved to enjoy one of his beers and was impressed with his Warlord.

There was ANOTHER sad loss last week. https://www.abilene-rc.com/obituaries/david-s-kohman/article_d0f2e410-7592-11ed-bc38-df830d0d0be0.html

Not much of an update, but I did notice this from Adepticon:

"But the preview presented today is only part of the story. A number of events are still being finalized, like Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Star Wars: X-Wing, Armada and Legion! This preview list will undoubtedly expand as we move closer to registration on January 8th, 2023 at 1 PM CT and there will be modifications as the listing is subject to change. Over the next few months, expect to receive more detailed event information from the organizers, who are working as we speak to finalize rules and scenarios."

So, no specific mention of Heresy, but maybe they are still just figuring it out. 

5 hours ago, Ripper.McGuirl said:

Not much of an update, but I did notice this from Adepticon:

"But the preview presented today is only part of the story. A number of events are still being finalized, like Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, Marvel Crisis Protocol, Star Wars: X-Wing, Armada and Legion! This preview list will undoubtedly expand as we move closer to registration on January 8th, 2023 at 1 PM CT and there will be modifications as the listing is subject to change. Over the next few months, expect to receive more detailed event information from the organizers, who are working as we speak to finalize rules and scenarios."

So, no specific mention of Heresy, but maybe they are still just figuring it out. 

I read the same, yeah, I was just hoping there was something to be done by the broader community since deadlines and plans seem to be slipping (understandably) in a year with a new edition and no doubt the biggest "here comes everybody" since the Calth box bash. 

Willing to bring 2 ZM boards, personally. 

Well, I'm sorry to hear of losing some really great people. 

Thanks Joe. I was too dumb to find it, just couldn't see it on the news feed or get to it via https://www.adepticon.org/

But it's front page announced on https://web.cvent.com/event/3002d657-1b53-4de5-bdd8-2dd592a5de61/summary

Looks like several good narrative tournaments march 23-25. 

Looking forward to it :) I'm going to try to take part in the Phyrix event. Already have a fluffy, narrative list for that, just need to replace a land raider and add 500 points painted (wanting to avoid bringing a primarch, so I have to pad it out with something else)

Edited by arnesh88