Hellbrute

happyslugger

Hi folks I hope all is well.

Anyone running a hellbrute and if so what loadout are you running?

I'm contemplating adding one, but wonder if it best to run it as a long range anti tank / armour fire platform (las and ML) or something like a las / fist / hammer loadout?

I don't play a lot (more of a collector and painter) but I do play against my son who has

marines (ultras), Grey Knights and Imperial Knights..

Edited by happyslugger

MM + Fist is probably the way to go I think. Then you have something that can be a decent threat in the midfield in both shooting and melee. I like the fist best as it has a good balance between number of hits and hitting power. 3 Damage is a kind of sweet spot as you can one-shot elite infantry like Terminators and also pose a significant threat to vehicles.

You can take a firepower loadout but the only ranged weapon for the left arm is the missile launcher which I find pretty underwhelming. I would much rather put that fist to good use and threaten to crush anything that gets too close.

4 hours ago, Karhedron said:

To be fair, I would give the same advice regardless of Legion.

That's how I used mine in Black Legion, from the Helbrute sculpt from Dark Vengeance, which is a really awesome sculpt for push fit at the time.

I don't think I'd change anything for the Thousand Sons I'm working on. Like most of Chaos, it gives nice access to a multimelta, which isn't readily available elsewhere.

I have three for my death guard.  Two are as suggested and I forget what the third is, possibly LC and ML...it was one I converted.

They were cheap eBay purchases of the Dark Vengeance model when ebay was flooded with them ages ago.

Edited by happyslugger

Adding my voice to multimelta + fist - the MM is really one of the standout weapons of 9th, and they're hard to get elsewhere in chaos armies. The dread will be a threat to anything and punch above it's points - they're marginally better as TSons as they gen an invuln also.