Swift Strikes Wording

Xenith

Does Swift Strikes allow a unit to Advance and shoot, counting as having remained stationary due to Swift Strikes, and then make a Battle Focus move to retreat?

Just checking my interpretation of this is right:

Swift Strikes Craftworld Trait:

"In your Shooting phase, each time a unit with this attribute is selected to shoot, unless that unit Fell Back this turn, until the end of the phase, it counts as having Remained Stationary."

The key word here is "until the end of the phase", and this seems very specific.

Battle Focus says that I can advance and shoot and is treated as remaining stationary for the purposes of shooting assault and pistol weapons. Some pretty big caveats, while Swift Strikes has no such caveats. 

Normally a unit that advanced cannot make a battle focus move (In your Shooting phase, after this unit has finished making its attacks, unless it Fell Back or Advanced this turn, this unit can make a Battle Focus move.), however it no longer counts as having advanced due to SS, so I can now make a Battle Focus move.

If this isn't the correct interpretation of this rule, then it's application is rather limited, being restricted to just a slight boost to battle focus allowing shooting heavy weapons after an advance. 

Edit:

As an Addendum, either way does this render Children of the Open Skies obsolete? CotOS provides 1" or 2" more movement before shooting, while Swift Strikes gives every unit D6" more movement, so 66% of the time you'll have a greater move than CotOS. The only advantage CotOS has would be in reliability, and for melee armies as the remain stationary is limited to the shooting phase. 

Edited by Xenith

I think it has to be right, as seems a marginal case if not. I might give it a go with CotOS next game for a laugh - Jetbikes will be moving 24+D6(min3")+battle focus. 

Kind of pointless as Eldar don't want to be that close, but might be ok for taking objectives.