Indomitus Terminator loadouts

Nyx of the Night

I'm working on piecing together a 10 strong Indomitus terminator squad for my Iron Hands, just for funsies and cause I think it can actually fit well in the 10th.

The loadout options are fairly varied, which is really nice, but I'm trying to decide on something fairly efficient but still usable.  I like the idea of 4-5 hammer/shield guys, maybe 1-2 assault cannons, but otherwise not sure.  Combi-weapons on everyone is strong, but expensive.  So probably just combi-bolters for most gun guys, but then hammers or fists?

I have option paralysis. :blink:

So I'm looking for advice!  What would you run? :D

Edited by Nyx of the Night

For a 5 man squad in DA I plan to run:

Sergeant with Thunder Hammer & Shield

Chainfist & Assault Cannon

Twin Lightning Claws

Powerfist & Bolter x2

I feel that Shields get diminishing returns due to the current wound allocation rules, but my 6th man probably would be another Shield & Thunder Hammer guy.

But I am really interested in other folks responses!

I am planning a squad but I want it to be able to do double duty in Space Hulk. So 5 man it would keep upgrades minimal and keep squad cheap.

serg with power weapon

heavy flamer (maybe chainfist)

1x thunder hammer and shield

But loadout is not as important as telling me what you plan for the left shoulder pad!?

12 minutes ago, LameBeard said:

But loadout is not as important as telling me what you plan for the left shoulder pad!?

I think the left shoulder pad in Indomitus should be studded like mkV armour, which is the closest in looks (just like Cataphractii=mkIII, and Tartaros=mkIV).

This also explains why indomitus ended putting the Crux Terminatus in their left side: Unlike normal PA, Indomitus' pauldrons are not symmetrical, they have a distinct front side with a small cut.

So originally they had the legion icon in the right as in 40k, but when the Crux became a thing, it was easier to make one new left pauldron with it, than changing two (the Crux is basically a Principia Belicosa veteran right pauldron tactical marking with more bling)

1 hour ago, lansalt said:

I think the left shoulder pad in Indomitus should be studded like mkV armour, which is the closest in looks (just like Cataphractii=mkIII, and Tartaros=mkIV).

This also explains why indomitus ended putting the Crux Terminatus in their left side: Unlike normal PA, Indomitus' pauldrons are not symmetrical, they have a distinct front side with a small cut.

So originally they had the legion icon in the right as in 40k, but when the Crux became a thing, it was easier to make one new left pauldron with it, than changing two (the Crux is basically a Principia Belicosa veteran right pauldron tactical marking with more bling)

Agreed.

But where would you source such pads?

Master Crafted Miniatures, do some lovely studded (and plain) pads that are excellent to use. 

Term.

Needless to say I’m a big fan of using Indomnitus if you alter them slightly (remove purity seals and crux, add more studs, etc.).

Edited by Rejects of Anvilus

46 minutes ago, Rejects of Anvilus said:

Master Crafted Miniatures, do some lovely studded (and plain) pads that are excellent to use. 

Term.

Needless to say I’m a big fan of using Indomnitus if you alter them slightly (remove purity seals and crux, add more studs, etc.).

Wonderful work. Really nice.

And yes, crux etc must go. 

13 hours ago, Rejects of Anvilus said:

Term.

These are outstanding - I really don't need to start a new squad - I have so much in the pile of shame as it is ... but that is exactly how I envisage them. Are the shields from Master Crafted Miniatures too?

8 hours ago, LameBeard said:

These are outstanding - I really don't need to start a new squad - I have so much in the pile of shame as it is ... but that is exactly how I envisage them. Are the shields from Master Crafted Miniatures too?

Shields are from Pop goes the Monkey Shapeways Store.

• 2 weeks later...