Sicaran Arcus upgrade clarification

bushman101

I think I know how this works, but just making sure.

The Arcus says it can take upgrades. Is this in addition to the other missiles it can take? ( Arcus, Skyspear, etc).

Here's the confusing part. Upgrades for other models have better wording. See the Rapier Battery. The gun 'exchanges', but the shell types are 'additional'. The Arcus has no such wording.

It surely must be in addition to - making you pay 15 points to exchange to Skyspear missiles that can only fire at a specific unit type your opponent may not have to the detriment of all other targets doesn't seem like an upgrade to me.  That's only an upgrade if you know in advance that your opponent is using flyers, which isn't how army list building naturally works.

Its in addition.

The sponsons clearly say exchange; you swap the heavy bolters for the lascannons when you exchange them.

The extra gear says take (similar to the launcher); you gain a searchlight, you gain a hunter killer, you gain a helical array.

The arcus launcher is specified due to weapon destroyed results and turret/hull/centreline arcs.