Interceptors and Arks of Omen

L30n1d4s

With the new Arks of Omen detachment, GK can take an HQ and 3 full squads of Interceptors with no CP penalty, then take pretty much whatever else they want after that (i.e. more HQs, Terminators, NDKs, etc.)

We will see if Interceptors get cheaper points wise, but even if they don't, 30 of them for just under 800 points is still a complete steal. With the offensive output of Bladeguard Veterans, plus much better Mobility, Psychic Powers, and some firepower with mssed SBs, the only thing Interceptors really have to worry about is survivability, which  a combination of good use of terrain, Tides, Psychic support, and their top tier mobility can help out a lot with (also combat squadding into 6 x 5 man squads can give your opponent target priority issues).

Anyway, I am looking at the new possibilities with Arks of Omen and massed Interceptors, anyone else considering this in the new year?

Edited by L30n1d4s

Yeah, GK's have been in a very bad place, and indeed the AoO formation opens up some possibilites of limiting the crap we have. As for updated rules, and secondaries, and points, I've learnt to never ever get my hopes up again with GW. I'll see it when I believe it. And until then, I shall remain a glass always empty kinda guy when it comes to GW and rules.