=] 12 Months of Hobby 2023 [=

Grotsmasha

On 3/1/2023 at 2:50 PM, Grotsmasha said:

Just remember that no matter how many models you've pledged to the month, posting a single model locks in the completion :thumbsup:

Thanks for pointing this out. I wasn't aware of this fact. Now my failure is only partial, haha.

Pledge complete!

Here are the painted and based Scouts/Neophytes:

LUy4gIl.jpg

Edited by Brother Christopher

Vow finished.

Lets see if the crappy oppo cam can capture it. Tried osl on his lantern. Might have to revisit that later. But for now pretty pleased. 

16777900124923713731536189552068.jpg

Edited by Brother Carpenter

12 hours ago, Brother Christopher said:

Thanks for pointing this out. I wasn't aware of this fact. Now my failure is only partial, haha.

Here are the painted and based Scouts/Neophytes:

LUy4gIl.jpg

Those are imho the best scout model generation gw produced.

Ive got some plastics but the metal ones are far superior.

You ve painted them up very nicely 

Edited by Brother Carpenter

I, Lord_Ikka, vow to completely paint for the month of March the following-

1 Ordos Alius Ogryn-quisitor, 2 Servitor Ogryns, 4 Death Cult Assassins (Corpse Grinder Initiates), and 6 Crusaders (Corpse Grinder Skinners).

wrfy4Ll.jpeg

q7PXPdP.jpeg

L9MWlbN.jpeg

Sadly I was way too busy and it looks like I will fail my pledge by missing the manufactorum. Oh well, I got lots of models done and to a degree I’m proud of. I’ll be more conservative next month and be less stressed. That pledge is tbd after I do some planning

image.jpg

Edited by Stolid Fox

Not the best picture ever.  I know I keep saying that but...

large.Rangers2After.jpg.303a81a2bbed999aa6a6edee024267ae.jpg.785329a30b7dab038a06b5dd4ce77786.jpg

Not as happy with these guys as the first five but just happy to get them done.  Will attempt better photos of the whole squad during day light hours.  I hope I just scraped through with these...  

Will get my first March vow up tomorrow.  Its going to need to be a big month as this one has been somwhat mediocre for what I wanted to achieve...

18 minutes ago, Brother Carpenter said:

Nice contrast on the dozer blade

Cheers :thumbsup:

I liked the idea of the Company banner (3rd) that the Vindicator is with being on the front rather than a large metal sheet and it works for the BA aesthetic imo apart from the it not being tidy on the edge which I've just noticed!

5 hours ago, Stolid Fox said:

Sadly I was way too busy and it looks like I will fail my pledge by missing the manufactorum. Oh well, I got lots of models done and to a degree I’m proud of. I’ll be more conservative next month and be less stressed. That pledge it tbd after I do some planning

image.jpg

All counts. Finishing this will get you a stubborn badge! Good job btw

The Ironheart Kin get ready to defend their territory from intrusions by other Gangs.

Found the other sprue, so built a total of six squat, plus one Vartijan. The remaining two bodies I’ll safe for extra gangers later in the campaign.

I like how they all look without their backpacks, so leaving them off for now, can always add them later if needed. On the Vartijan I have also left it so that I can swap the Flamer and Heavy Bolter as needed.

Decided not to give the leader a power fist as it plus hammer felt redundant, and the hammer just looked better than the fist. The rest are one Champion with Heavy Stubber, one Champion/Ganger with Boltgun, two Gangers with Autoguns and a Juve with a pistol.

large.IronheartKinWIP1.png.f50ae5a9a47d5

Edited by Trokair

5 hours ago, Jolemai said:

Cheers :thumbsup:

I liked the idea of the Company banner (3rd) that the Vindicator is with being on the front rather than a large metal sheet and it works for the BA aesthetic imo apart from the it not being tidy on the edge which I've just noticed!

Modern day photography sucks at these moments. I always dread the moment i'm looking at high zoomed pictures of my models and you inevitably notice the imperfections.

21 hours ago, Lord_Ikka said:

I, Lord_Ikka, vow to completely paint for the month of March the following-

1 Ordos Alius Ogryn-quisitor, 2 Servitor Ogryns, 4 Death Cult Assassins (Corpse Grinder Initiates), and 6 Crusaders (Corpse Grinder Skinners).

wrfy4Ll.jpeg

These are some awesome models-

but I think I love "Hellboy" the most.

This conversion is genius.

4 hours ago, Brother Carpenter said:

Modern day photography sucks at these moments. I always dread the moment i'm looking at high zoomed pictures of my models and you inevitably notice the imperfections.

Definitely. Next time I'm posting thumbnails! :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Valkia the Bloody said:

These are some awesome models-

but I think I love "Hellboy" the most.

This conversion is genius.

I wish it was a conversion, but it is a 3d printed model off of etsy that my brother got me for Xmas.

On 2/26/2023 at 10:30 PM, Brother Captain Arkley said:

I, Brother Captain Arkley, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete Ultramarines Master of the Forge for the glory of the Risen Primarch Guilliman by month's end.

I am leaving this very late but I will hopefully finish it.

20230226_222712.jpg

My vow is complete... A day late.

He still needs to be varnished, but I will wait till I have more than 1 model to varnish.

So I present my version of Fennias Maxim - Ultramarines Master of the Forge - And my version of Mortis Machina Relic Power Axe.

large.20230304_011052.jpg.f32845b3d347daeaacf484d9f91a333c.jpg