=] 12 Months of Hobby 2023 [=

Grotsmasha

I'm declaring a Stubborn vow to finish all the stuff I didn't finish during last year's vow--and I'm starting it with Brother Tyrae Ortal, of the Omega Cohort, one of the Primaris Intercessors I vowed. 

A Silent-Speaker who successfully underwent the Rubicon Primaris, he continued his assignment in the Second Company, Eighth Squad, until his Chapter Master detached him to the Legio Bolter and Chainsword, where he was assigned to the Light of the Emperor Grand Company. @Brother Tyler was kind enough to point me in the direction of Legio Livery, reflected on Brohter Tyrae's shoulder pad.

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

I think the transfers I used were old because they kept disintegrating as I tried to put them on. Took four tries to get the skull in place and I gave up on using the devastator chevron for the chapter symbol an ended up freehanding it instead. It came out okay, but bright yellow and white isn't something I like to freehand with. Still, that's more complete progress on the vow while I try and make myself paint bright red and bright white on my Dawn Blades :teehee:

I, Brother Carpenter, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of january pledge to complete one Bayards Revenge by month's end.

Which will also double as stubborn vow from last december. After all it's just one model right?

Thanks for running the challenge last year Grot!

I hope to finish more than 5 models this year.

Edited by Brother Carpenter

Spoiler

The Space Marines of Vulpis Virtus have mostly faded into the shadows, showing up in small skirmishes only briefly, existing mostly as rumor. Those most aware of their presence presume their operations are focused off planet, if they give it any consideration at all. Meanwhile the Dominus finishes assembling the Haemotropic reactor and brings scans back online. Aghast, those scans reveal a Mechancius facility overrun with Necron mockeries of both the machine and flesh.

An astropath is immediately brought to bear, a message of rage and indignity broadcast demanding immediate deployment of heavy forces to crush these abominations beneath their treads.

Still have some chunks of the Manufactorum terrain to assemble, but my pledge is complete for Jan!

scene.jpg

reactor.jpg

So I would like to add as part of this months pledge my 5x Heavy Intercessors for my plodding along vow as well as the 5x Assault Intercessors I was already doing for it:

large.257080984_HeavyIntercessorsBefore.jpg.4fbe01219c0678a0057a2b0b3bf91ea7.jpg.4099c0b7cad43511b20196af80d29f92.jpg

I love these guys and, as sad as it may seem, this is the first model kit I have bought and built in a long time that hasn't come from one of the Hachette Magazines or is a long owned kit.  Felt good actually.

EDIT: @Stolid Fox The speed and the quality that you are pumping out is quite amazing.  And the fact you have the patience to do all the details on those scenery kits is quite impressive.  Keep up the good work

@Valkia the Bloody Love that colour you have going on there mate.  And is that helmet the one from the Indomitus/Command edition Captain?  Look cool.  Was thinking of using it on a Bladeguard veteran or maybe making a custom Company Champion with is and some of the Bladeguard vet bits.  Its certainly a unique bit.

Edited by Brother Argent

1 hour ago, Brother Argent said:

@Valkia the Bloody Love that colour you have going on there mate.  And is that helmet the one from the Indomitus/Command edition Captain?  Look cool.  Was thinking of using it on a Bladeguard veteran or maybe making a custom Company Champion with is and some of the Bladeguard vet bits.  Its certainly a unique bit.

Yes, it is the head of the Indomitus Captain.

I had two "Sergeants" in the Kill Team, and had to make sure the "true leader" (=the Anniversary Sergeant) can be identified easily (the other figures are just snap fit).

As for the colour.... I was going for very washed out and dirty red. These guys have been sneaking around space-hulks and abandoned ruins for a long time, and have had no time to re-paint their armour.

January

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 1x10 MkIV Marines by month's end.

Unsurprisingly, these will be Blood Angels :teehee:

Spoiler

IMG_20230105_213536698.jpg

To do:

• Everything. Not pictured are the resin upgrade kits so I may sprinkle in some bits should I have time.

On 1/1/2023 at 12:47 AM, Grotsmasha said:

The dice have called forth the Carchadorons

I, LameBeard, answer the call of the 12 Months of Hobby 2023 Challenge, and pledge one Carcharadon space marine for the month of January.

I found a few more spiky bits that could suit so if this model goes well then maybe I’ll expand to a Kill Team. This is actually the first Primaris model for me. Don’t tell @Slave to Darkness I’ve turned to the dark side.

96961419-D79F-47E4-8011-090FC2E0E2EC.jpeg

On 1/3/2023 at 2:35 PM, Halandaar said:

Although it gave me a huge boost for my Eldar army last year, I never came back to the 2022 edition after the forum upgrade during the summer so I am determined to stay the course this year! 

For January, I vow to finish these 10 Astra Militarum Kasrkin

PXL_20230103_142730387.thumb.jpg.ed95e6d68b16696a995ab141d5272d5c.jpg

And I have the following plodding along vow for January to June:

PLODDING ALONG ONE (Jan-June)
Chaos Lord with Thunder Hammer
Dark Commune
Sorcerer
Warpsmith
Legionaries x10 with Close Combat Weapons
Legionaries x10 with Boltguns
Legionaries x10 with Boltguns
Cultist Mob x17 & Cultist Firebrand
Traitor Guardsmen x10, Traitor Enforcer & Traitor Ogryn
Chaos Terminators x5
Chaos Terminators x5
Chosen x5 with Combi-Weapons
Chosen x10 with Melee Weapons
Helbrute with Multi-Melta
Possessed x7
Venomcrawler
Havocs x5

All done with the Kasrkin!

PXL_20230107_105350184.jpg

Just finished a bit more of the Gallowdark terrain:

1463967277_Gelnde110123.jpg.90b42a2ddbdeffdf89f05a80c907ca4d.jpg

I will also extend my vow for January-

I will also try to paint up a "Inquisition Stormtrooper" Kill Team (using Kasrkin rules)- seeing the dark stealth teams others on here have presented, I really felt an itch to try something similar. So I will be using a very limited, simple and dark colour scheme for these guys. I think I should be able to finish them by the end of the month!

1576450456_InquistionTroopers4.jpg.c680714e4c3a159cd0e73dbdb5297893.jpg

A late start to the year due to rail strikes and weather. Vowing 10 Emperors Children MKIII Tactical marines and 10 Chaos Cultists. Also up is the first part of my plodding along, six bits of ZM walls (may not all be done this month).

image.thumb.jpeg.a5815d75bb2cbceeeb568a94fbcf78e4.jpeg

Edited by Cleon
Failed to add the picture

On 1/6/2023 at 1:09 AM, Grotsmasha said:

Welcome to the Challenge @Brother Christopher

Thanks for having me and organising this event. I am intent on using it as an excuse to focus on my army and hopefully completing it within the next 18 months. Also, I kinda hate the format of this event - phew, having the FINISHED models BASED - what a crazy idea! Joking aside, I think it's a great motivation to properly finish models. For most of my models, I planned on doing all the bases at once, some time in the future. Now, I'll have to go the extra mile.

With all that said, here's my completed Redemptor:

Black Templars Redemptor Dreadnought

More pictures:

Spoiler

Furthermore, I hereby extend my commitment for the month of January and pledge to complete 5 jump pack Marines by month's end.

https://i.imgur.com/Pw2bS6N.jpg

On 12/31/2022 at 7:31 AM, andes said:

I, andes, am excited to embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge for 2023 (Thanks, @Grotsmasha! WAAAGH!!). For the month of January I pledge to complete the final three Orks for my Kommando Kill Team.

I declare my vow complete!

IMG_1425.thumb.jpeg.37a3b074164480aa24e8d8df412f2a5c.jpeg

IMG_1426.thumb.jpeg.0db10b08316090b9f199e2f77b565df8.jpeg

4 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Nice work, @andes! I do love the Kommando models :biggrin:

Thanks! Agreed on the models, they're a joy to paint and look great on the shelf. I'll find out how they do in the game this afternoon :wink:

Finished my Inquisition Stormtrooper Kill Team (Kasrkin).

I was going for a simple and dark colour scheme, fitting the sinister workings of His Holy Inquisition.

Quite happy how they turned out, even if they were "just" an exercise in speed painting.

Troopers1.jpg.746e0dc76d868a93f2893bbde3915841.jpg

Hello! New here [: Would be good to have a bit of hobby accountability! My projects at the moment are more modeeling/ sculpting than painting, but I hope I can still take part in this, hopefully I am working to the rules in spirit even if I am not planning to put paint on models yet! 

I, shmvo, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 2 squads of Sisters of Silence - a 3 person Questora Squad, and a 5 person Seeker Squad - by month's end.

A bit behind pace so far but I've made progress in the past couple of weeks:

Spoiler

1157996-.jpeg

1157995-.jpeg

1157999-.jpeg

Edited by shmvo