Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

43 minutes ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

Audiobook and ebook should be available now, if you want a head start.

About 1/3 way thru the ebook, will post up a thread if there is none by the time i finish it. 

Tho i also NEED my LE yesterday for the extra short story.

Edited by Nagashsnee

6 minutes ago, Von Großschmitt said:

Good luck everyone!

image.png.fe89bdb2d8c5efac45d1468c83aff087.png

Finally getting my hands on at least some of the shorts that were previously only published as eShorts...

It was a surprisingly smooth process this time.

Edit: 6 minutes in and the box set is  sold out.

Edited by System Sound

Sorry to let the side down, but at £95... yeah no. It would have been the only Collector's Edition I would have even considered buying at that price, but I still can't justify it.

Happy for everyone committed to the Coil who bagged one though. Less for the scalpers.

Edited by Lord Marshal

The website didn’t fall down and I secured my Dark Coil set too. Got the audiobook of Genefather ready to go. Spend, spend, spend!

Stupidly proud of myself for not ordering the Heresy box set too and just a squad of the Mark III; got too much stuff unbuilt and the saving of not spending money far outweighed the ‘saving’ of buying the box.

Got my copy of Genefather today from my local store, before getting my order store manager was explaining to new customer that orders will take two weeks or so to arrive, quipped to Manager that assuming the order doesn't get lost in the warp then after that the manager had trouble finding where my order was, but found it and I then said that maybe I shouldn't have made that lost in the warp remark :laugh: 

On 10/12/2023 at 4:20 AM, DarkChaplain said:

WarCom's 40 Years of Warhammer actually remembered BL is a thing.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/11/40-years-of-warhammer-the-best-of-black-library/

They're pushing Honourbound again. At this point, we had more articles of praise for that one-off novel than the classics, it feels like. Surely, they've gotta be announcing a sequel soon, right? Right? Limited edition, miniature, these articles, they went hard on Severina Rayne marketing.

Was a bit on an odd thing to me when it came out as expected it to be a series given the model and probably the first time a book character got a model on its debut, Cain (and Jurgen) don't even rate a model even though its been umpteen books and Uriel Ventris didn't get a model until well over ten years after Courage and Honour...

16 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

At least it’s not up against anything big this time. Still not confident, but it’s better than it could have been.

though, that said, the community page is now down so maybe not…

Edited by aa.logan

Looking good, i missed the previous LE, I'll still try to get this one, without trying to change delivery info, even if I'll manage to, it will take a month to reach me, if not...well i can always buy the regular HB i already missed one book.

Lht6L21D3d79dNLA.jpg

veHcv9tTVbuBODn7.jpg

Edited by OpossumStrong

22 minutes ago, aa.logan said:

At least it’s not up against anything big this time. Still not confident, but it’s better than it could have been.

though, that said, the community page is now down so maybe not…

Yeah the website is a mess for the whole day, i tried to order the rogue trader book, but it wont give me the option to choose delivery option, and if i skip straight to payment it says "delivery 0$" and only checkout option :facepalm:

41 minutes ago, OpossumStrong said:

Looking good, i missed the previous LE, I'll still try to get this one, without trying to change delivery info, even if I'll manage to, it will take a month to reach me, if not...well i can always buy the regular HB i already missed one book.

Lht6L21D3d79dNLA.jpg

Holy heck that's thiccc!  The ribbon is positioned around the normal length of a BL novel.

1 hour ago, Lord Marshal said:

I will try to get a copy of the regular hardback, but I guess I must be on the alert next Saturday to be able to get one... Almost as if it was a special edition :facepalm:

Also, about the Word Bearers Omnibus: "Collected for the first time in one volume,.." 

My Omnibus from, uh.. 2015-ish begs to differ. Maybe they just copied the blurb they used back then? 

Edited by Blurghh

2 minutes ago, Blurghh said:

Also, about the Word Bearers Omnibus: "Collected for the first time in one volume,.." 

My Omnibus from, uh.. 2015-ish begs to differ. Maybe they just copied the blurb they used back then? 

I had to do a double-take while looking at my kindle just now...

1 hour ago, Lord Marshal said:

Is this also gonna be on a two-week pre-order?

... I knew this day would come...

Seriously, as someone who has managed to get all the Siege of Terra LE's so far, and the last few releases have been 50/50 as to whether I would get one, I can't help but feel my luck is going to run out.

I wonder if the queue system will be in place?...

10 minutes ago, System Sound said:

I had to do a double-take while looking at my kindle just now...

Is this also gonna be on a two-week pre-order?

Yes, Fnac has it dated for a November 4th release. Wish GW would tell us these things instead of a random French retailer inadvertently revealing them. 

54 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

... I knew this day would come...

Seriously, as someone who has managed to get all the Siege of Terra LE's so far, and the last few releases have been 50/50 as to whether I would get one, I can't help but feel my luck is going to run out.

I wonder if the queue system will be in place?...

I hope it is as its been harder and harder to get each LE book, lucked out on the previous one as the order on the website was cancelled but not in their warehouse system so managed to get it. 

God Emperor have mercy on all of us Saturday morning at 9.55am

Edited by ChargingSoll
I thought this was the last one then remembered that part 3 now exists

57 minutes ago, 63-19 said:

How does the queue work?

Great question!

From what I can discern, about 30 minutes before new pre-orders go live on the GW site the queue is activated, and everyone currently browsing the site is placed on a holding page - no transactions take place, no browsing the store. Everyone else joining between then and the time the pre-orders go live (10am usually, depending on your timezones) also joins the holding page. When 10am hits the queue begins to let some people into the store; There is a limit to the number of concurrent customers, each customer gets a finite amount of time to browse and checkout (10 minutes I think, maybe 15), and once you've checked out (or your time has expired) you are removed from the webstore and you are free to rejoin the queue. 

From what I have heard, everyone on the holding page at 10am is placed into the queue at random, anyone subsequently joining gets placed at the back in sequence. For those waiting past 10am once the Webstore is open, there is an indicative timer for how long you will be in the queue for (based on number of people ahead of you in the queue and average time spent on the site). I think it's been mentioned the queue system also tracks IP addresses - so you can't have 10 tabs open on your laptop for 10 spaces, it all becomes one (helpful hint: a computer on a home wifi and a phone on mobile data / cell data will be two different IP addresses and should be considered separate connections to the queue).

From what I've seen it is somewhat effective against bots that bombard the site with session requests and a programmed sequence to make purchases (using pre-stored information to auto-fill text boxes), but there will still be those who will look to sit personally in front of their computer to nab a few copies of the book to resell for ~500% to 1000% markup.

I think the last time I saw the Queue active was the Leviathan pre-order.

If I have any details wrong in the above, please feel free to add corrections.