Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

According to the Sunday Preview the following books are going to be released next saturday:

• 'Mortis' as paperback
  • 'Wrath of the Lost' as hardback , ebook and audio
  • 'Assassinorum: Kingmaker' as paperback
  • 'Astorath' as hardback and ebook in French and German
Edited by Tolmeus

That increase from 50 to 100 on free postages made me not purchase this month anything... like even if I bought the map, the new mass & hardback would be less than 100 so I would have to pay 12€ which is the price of paperback. Makes no sense... So in this months I am going to buy via gamesworkshop store that exists on my city and the masspaperback going to buy via bookdepository for less than 12,50€. Way to lose money GW - or not. 

In other news or light there are some interesting new books coming out; my list these all are coming out (some in paperback format , some hardcover or special editions) 

Renegades of the Long War
Unholy - Tales of Horror and Woe 
The End and the Death: Volume I
The Iron Kingdom HC
Black-Eyed Saint PB
The Arkanaut's Oath PB
Ahriman Eternal HC/PB
Knight of Talassar: The Cato Sicarius Omnibus PB
Shadowsun: The Patient Hunter PB
The Hollow King PB
Grombrindal: Chronicles of the Wanderer PB
The Vulture Lord PB
Angron The Red Angel HC/SE
Godeater's Son HC
Realmslayer (Will we ever get this in paper?)

Garro: Knight of Grey HC / SE
Bad Loon Rising HC
First Founding ??
Cypher: Lord of the Fallen HC
Pilgrims of Fire HC
Blightslayer HC
Creed Ashes of Cadia HC
The End and the Death: Volume II HC / SE
Black Celebration 2023 ??
The Last Volari HC
Word Bearers Box Set Collection SE

Archmage and Other Stories HC

The Triumph Of Saint Katherine PB
The Resting Places PB
The End and the Death: Volume III (2024 probably)

2 hours ago, Sky Potato said:

How is Mortis being released as a paperback? I got it as a paperback last year.

It’s a good thing I double checked the book shelf before I submitted my order.

That's because the Horus Heresy is getting Trade and later Mass paperbacks editions.

And yet, I have Mortis as the mass paperback edition. Same as all the other Siege of Terra books I have. So this pre order is VERY confusing to me.

I don’t yet have Warhawk, I’m waiting to get it as the mass paperback (due April this year) as opposed to the large format one it’s in released in at the moment.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:49 PM, Tymell said:

By the way, following on from some discussion of it in the 2022 thread, I just thought I'd confirm: I have my physical copy of the Heirs of the Emperor anthology, and the GW website listing is wrong: "Prince of Blood" is included.

I feel like I completely missed a physical copy for Heirs.  Did the other Primarch anthologies get paperbacks? I skipped over physical copies for those because I figured something like Heirs would come out.

20 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Does anyone know what to expect re: wait times for newly released BL audiobooks to make it to Audible? It seems like it's kind of inconsistent, but I haven't been using it very long.

Usually if a book goes up for pre-order on the Saturday, it will then be available on audible to purchase and download at approx 8am GMT the following Saturday.  

Next saturday the limited edition of 'Armageddon'  containing the stories 'Helreach' and 'Blood and Fire', is going to be released (yet another limited edition of Aaron-Dembski Bowden, are there any missing by now?).

Also, 'Cadian Blood' is translated to its German paperback version.

Same goes for 'Volpone Glory' in French. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/15/sunday-preview-your-emperor-needs-you-join-the-astra-militarum/

10 hours ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

I'm surprised that they've not announced an audiobook of Blood and Fire to coincide with this release.  Helsreach is one of the older BL audiobooks and was one of Jonathan Keeble's first 40k performances.  

I’ve been hoping for Blood and Fire for a very long time. The announcement of the limited edition has rekindled that hope. It seems there is a possibility as other older books are finally getting them. 

1 hour ago, darkhorse0607 said:

Does anyone know what happened to the Harrowmaster audiobook? I feel like that was announced a while back and then vanished into the night

I think our own @DarkChaplain theorised that although it was mentioned on a sunday preview, it was probably just a copy and paste job from a previous article.  And that there is no plan to release an mp3 version.  Which is a great shame; every BL novel should have an audiobook at release IMO.

Aye, they had it mentioned in text only, the preview image right above that line only had hardback+ebook.

I still believe we'll see it as an audiobook sometime this year - it'd be strange if this was the outlier when they're recording far more niche novels and going into the AoS backlog lately.

It's probably yet another scheduling issue, with the narrator not being available, an editing goof or other availability issues. We've had this sort of thing happen before, where even a Heresy novel would be delayed for months with no notice of the audiobook ever happening until it got announced.

Best not to get your hopes up, but it's probably just a matter of when, not if.

English release date for Guymer’s Angron novel is February 11th (the French edition’s listed for the 1st for some reason): https://www.fnac.com/livre-numerique/a17698739/David-Guymer-Angron-The-Red-Angel#omnsearchpos=6

It’ll likely be up for preorder on the 28th rather than the 4th, assuming GW sticks to the 2 week preorder window they use for big releases. 

Another week of nothing coming up.

Only new releases are the Archmage anthology (including 5 AoS shorts, one being obviously Archmage, but strangely, 3 of the other 4 authors don't match the releases from that special AoS week Archmage was published in. Why the hell they didn't put *those* 5 stories into a 5 story anthology at least is beyond me) and the audiobook for the Overlords of the Iron Dragon sequel. That's it.

BL kicking the year off with a whimper again, as is tradition.