Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

12 hours ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

Was anyone in the UK successful today either using their debit card to pay or using virtual vouchers?  I tried to use the latter but wouldn’t process.

Would be interesting to know whether the above theory about PayPal is true and might be the best way to pay in the future.  

Virtual vouchers worked okay for me this time (UK)

Yeah i went through limited edition burnout with the old Heresy novellas and i regret nothing about ignoring them all since, though they were handy collateral when i first got disabled and needed to money til my insurance kicked in. 

The fancy covers and such just arent worth the stressssssssssssss (Or hard cash)

1 hour ago, OpossumStrong said:

Next week we got 

Da Red Gobbo Rides Again and Galaxy of Horrors

"the collection gathers 20 short stories, featuring 15 authors including Denny Flowers, Victoria Hayward, Mike Brooks, Danie Ware, and Robert Rath"

Here

0xZfcKqmKdqNT5av.jpg

clKagrc56GkGkTfW.jpg

Ooft it’s an expensive Saturday ahead for me between these and the Blacktalon and AoS books going up at the same time. 

53 minutes ago, LemartestheLost said:

I’ll be happy to pick up Galaxy of Horrors this Saturday. Hopefully it’s mostly new stories!

Here's the list:

Defenders of the Imperium

• The Trial of Lucille von Shard, by Denny Flowers
  • Transplants, by Rob Young
  • Hell Fist, by Justin Woolley
  • Blood Sands, by Victoria Hayward
  • The Sum of Its Parts, by Rhuairidh James
  • Less Than Human, by Steve Lyons

Followers of Chaos

• Fool's Ruin, by Mike Brooks
  • A More Perfect Union, by Rich McCormick
  • Sacred Hate, by David Annandale
  • The Brightest and Best, by Mike Brooks
  • It Bleeds, by David Guymer
  • A Small Cog, by Mitchel Scanlon

The Bloody Rose

• Blasphemy of the Fallen, by Danie Ware
  • The Skull Forge, by Danie Ware
  • The Nature of Prayer, by Danie Ware

Warriors of the Adeptus Astartes

• Aria Arcana, by Peter Fehervari
  • Confession of Pain, by Jon Flindall
  • The Reward of Loyalty, by Tom Chivers

The Enemy Beyond

• The Bleeding Stars, by Robert Rath

Super excited for the Blacktalon novel and another Gobbo

As I said a few pages back, Sun of it’s Parts is one of the best 40K shorts I’ve ever read and will be arguably be worth the anthology price on its own.

Lots of the other entries are good, a few of them looking like brand-new, the rest being already published eshorts, none of which I recall being *bad*

On 10/21/2023 at 10:18 AM, m_r_parker said:

I'm so glad I did some prep work for this this morning - thanks Brain from last night...

Made a second account under a different email address, stored payment and delivery options about an hour before pre-orders went up. Had my laptop signed in as my usual account on the WiFi, and my phone logged in as the new account on mobile / cell data. Had both searching the store for "The End and the Death" once 09:50 hit. Phone managed to see the book at 09:55 and could hit "add to basket" while the laptop page went straight to "Maintenance", and fortunately the phone connection kept going through to the "Thanks for your order" page (eventually)

One more left, and then no more Limited Edition series for this guy!

Same. After Siege I am done. No more. It’s stressful, not satisfying and no longer fun. 

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!!!

Book 8 went back in stock at 12.24 and I managed to get a copy!  I've been refreshing the page literally all day.

It soon went back out of stock, but then came back again a few minutes later.

If you missed out, you might get lucky if you keep the book page open.  Keep refreshing when you can, it's random when they appear.  Get ready to act fast as so many people are doing the same thing.

Good luck!

edit - 'Distill web monitor' has been recommended to me by someone on FB, a browser plug-in to use so you don't have to manually refresh the page waiting for it to come back in stock.  Hope this helps someone.  

Edited by Ubiquitous1984

On 10/22/2023 at 1:25 PM, LemartestheLost said:

@theSpirea the follow up on Outgunned by Denny and any Fehervari whatsoever makes this an insta buy for me!

Not exactly a follow up as I think it was published within a week or two of Outgunned, but I definitely understand people not wanting to shell out four bucks or whatever their local currency is for a Black Libary e-short.

4 hours ago, LemartestheLost said:

Welp, nothing new this week :/

GW is letting us save our pennies for the usual big splash of releases for Xmas.  

They usually put out a big LE set full of gubbins about this time.  Anyone have any idea what the big flash LE will be this year?   I can’t think of anything previewed or hinted at that we haven’t already seen released already.

9 hours ago, Felix Antipodes said:

GW is letting us save our pennies for the usual big splash of releases for Xmas.  

They usually put out a big LE set full of gubbins about this time.  Anyone have any idea what the big flash LE will be this year?   I can’t think of anything previewed or hinted at that we haven’t already seen released already.

Let’s hope it’s something truly special, like an unexpected ADB release.  

15 hours ago, Felix Antipodes said:

Wasn't that Fall of Cadia though?

The deluxe editions have been previously released as follows:

Gaunt's Ghosts: The Warmaster November 2017
Spear of the Emperor November 2018
Darkness in the Blood November 2019
Ephrael Stern: The Heretic Saint July 2020
The Helwinter Gate December 2020
Gaunt's Ghosts: The Vincula Insurgency - Ghost Dossier 1 June 2021
Ahriman Eternal March 2022
Warboss August 2022
Fall of Cadia August 2023

So I wouldn't see another one by the end of the year as something to be definitely expected.

24 minutes ago, aa.logan said:

The Mega editions of Spear of the Emperor, Darkness in the Blood, Helwinter Gate and (I *think*) Ahriman Eternal all had December releases, the two mega-editions a year, August/December pattern is pretty well established by this point

Ahriman came out in March 2022, they didn’t release a mega edition last December, so who knows what the plan is going forward. 

edit: come to think of I don’t believe they put out a mega edition in December of 21 either. The last holiday mega edition was The Helwinter Gate in 2020.

Edited by cheywood

2 hours ago, aa.logan said:

The Mega editions of Spear of the Emperor, Darkness in the Blood, Helwinter Gate and (I *think*) Ahriman Eternal all had December releases, the two mega-editions a year, August/December pattern is pretty well established by this point

November releases at Black Library Weekenders were common, with online releases perhaps following in Dec.

On 10/29/2023 at 6:49 PM, Lord Nord said:

Not exactly a follow up as I think it was published within a week or two of Outgunned.

Tru Dat. 

The short from the Galaxy of Horrors Anthology is set before Outgunned. There is a follow up story titled Starstruck, but I think that’s only available as an e-short at present.