Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

5 hours ago, DukeLeto69 said:

Not sure where to post this as doesn’t warrant a thread of its own so...

is the Horus Heresy series the largest multi-author series of fiction books ever written?

No reason for asking except curiosity.

I don't know but I assume it isn't, otherwise BL would surely have used that as part of their marketing.  That said, BL don't appear to believe in marketing so who knows.

Nate Crowley's short is Necrons vs Votann. Is this actually the first Votann story published? Crazy.

One Million Years by Nate Crowley:

Following the death of their mistress, an apprentice cryptek is forced to rally necron forces and defend their ship from the kin that assail them from all angles.

Even the eternal necrons must fight to survive whatever foe advances upon them. When the kin of the Leagues of Votann surround a Necron ship, it is up to a lowly apprentice cryptek to rally the undying legions and fend off the assault.

One Worst Enemy by Denny Flowers:

Lucille von Shard confronts a new and dangerous foe on the Great Grass Plains. However, she soon realises there’s more to this potent pilot than it first appears.

Lucille von Shard faces off against an unusual and deadly foe on the Great Grass Plains. Behind the controls of the enemy craft is a rookie, and death seems to follow wherever he flies. Thanks to her superior flying skills, von Shard survives this mysterious and deadly force of light that follows the young pilot, but she starts to question its source and soon realises something is very wrong.

The Price of Morkai by Marc Collins:

A Wolf Priest must deliver a fallen brother's geneseed back to the Space Wolves Chapter, while reflecting on his own battle as a Blood Claw with the great Fenrisian beast responsible.

The geneseed inside each of the Space Marines of the Adeptus Astartes is a valuable asset linked back over millennia to one of the original Primarchs. Even in death, this precious resource must be recovered so that new warriors can take the place of their fallen brothers. Follow as a Wolf Priest of the Space Wolves is tasked with returning a fallen warrior’s geneseed back to his Chapter and the memories it evokes of his own battles with the beast that claimed his brother.

Not miffed at all that Marc's story isn't a Warhammer Crime entry...

Consecrated Ground by Steven B. Fischer:

A Black Templar Castellan leads his brothers in answering an age-old oath… but the enemy they expect is not the one they find when the uprising they're sent to put down proclaims them as saviours.

The Black Templars are among the most devout of all Space Marines chapters, venerating the Emperor as a literal god. When these obsidian-clad angels of death are set to quell an uprising, they discover that the enemy is not all it seems.

The Long Promise by Mike Brooks:

An Alpha Legionary infiltrates a Deathwatch watch station, and offers the elite xenos hunters some uncomfortable truths.

Solomon Akurra, Chaos Lord of the insidious Alpha Legion, infiltrates a Deathwatch watch station. When this most elite and pious of kill teams returns, Akurra offers them the real truth…

I'm totally here for more Brooks Alpha Legion!

Nightsider Imperialis by Victoria Hayward:

Major Wulf Khan must recover a fighter pilot from kroot-infested mangrove forests before vital intel can fall into the hands of the t'au.

When the t’au bring down an Imperial Navy Lightning Strike Fighter, Major Wulf Khan must venture deep behind enemy lines to rescue the pilot before they and the secrets they carry fall into xenos hands.

Surprisingly, we're actually getting HH shorts again.

Visage by Rich McCormick:

After having his face torn off by Horus, Erebus is physically and spiritually at a low ebb. To restore his faith (and his face), he embarks on a vision quest to seek out and harness the power of Chaos.

Following the Battle of Signus Prime, the indignation shown by Erebus, Dark Apostle of the Word Bearers, is met with brutal retribution from the Warmaster Horus. After having his tattooed visage flayed from his scalp, Erebus seeks the power of the avatars of Chaos to restore his faith in the Dark Gods.

The Nine by Justin D Hill:

Sota-Nul makes her play for power after realising before anyone else on Mars that with the Emperor removed from the head of the Mechanicum, all hierarchies and limitations are now overturned.

With the loyalist blockade of Mars broken and the Emperor’s hierarchies shattered, Sota-Nul a potent Adept of the Dark Mechanicum makes her play for power as this new order spreads across the Red Planet and the Warmaster’s forces surge closer to Terra.

Mars is a thing again, it seems.

The Last Loyalist by David Guymer:

Zhukel Dror and a small group of shell-shocked loyalists hold out on the world of Isstvan III. Fighting off their former brothers as attrition, claustrophobia, and the psychological trauma of betrayal takes its toll on them, ultimately they are undone as Zhor snaps and murders his brothers in a rampage caused by the Butcher's Nails.

The events on Isstvan III in the early years of the 31st Millennium are among the darkest in the history of humanity and brought about the start of a galactic civil war, the ramifications of which are still felt 10,000 years later. Following the traitorous assault, a handful of shell-shocked loyalists remain, but their efforts to survive are ultimately in vain, as an unseen enemy walks amongst them.

3 hours ago, DarkChaplain said:

Nate Crowley's short is Necrons vs Votann. Is this actually the first Votann story published? Crazy.

One Million Years by Nate Crowley:

One Worst Enemy by Denny Flowers:

The Price of Morkai by Marc Collins:

Not miffed at all that Marc's story isn't a Warhammer Crime entry...

Consecrated Ground by Steven B. Fischer:

The Long Promise by Mike Brooks:

I'm totally here for more Brooks Alpha Legion!

Nightsider Imperialis by Victoria Hayward:

Surprisingly, we're actually getting HH shorts again.

Visage by Rich McCormick:

The Nine by Justin D Hill:

Mars is a thing again, it seems.

The Last Loyalist by David Guymer:

And maybe even a new novel by Brooks. Alpha Legion? Orks? What do you think, arc-brothers? 

IMG_20231114_211945.jpg

24 minutes ago, neOh (AV) said:

And maybe even a new novel by Brooks. Alpha Legion? Orks? What do you think, arc-brothers? 

IMG_20231114_211945.jpg

In the past embargoed books on Fnac have often been paperbacks or foreign language editions. I don’t think this necessarily speaks to a new novel by any means unfortunately.

On 10/31/2023 at 4:26 AM, Denny said:

Tru Dat. 

The short from the Galaxy of Horrors Anthology is set before Outgunned. There is a follow up story titled Starstruck, but I think that’s only available as an e-short at present.

Regret to say I haven't read any of the von Shard stories yet but they are on tap for early 2024. And since I tend to read in blocks, I'll probably run through all three four in sequence. I assume the new Advent story takes place even later than Starstruck?

1 hour ago, cheywood said:

In the past embargoed books on Fnac have often been paperbacks or foreign language editions. I don’t think this necessarily speaks to a new novel by any means unfortunately.

Oh, if this isn't a new novel, it's a bit sad. As an hard Legion fan, I keep hoping for another novel about Akurra. Or about some faction that hasn't been books protagonists before, like astropaths or Administratum (as his Rites of Passage about the navigators was really good).

7 hours ago, Lord Nord said:

Regret to say I haven't read any of the von Shard stories yet but they are on tap for early 2024. And since I tend to read in blocks, I'll probably run through all three four in sequence. I assume the new Advent story takes place even later than Starstruck?

Yep.

I’m avoiding the end and the death threads and just want to vent a little about my experience trying to get just the normal hardback copy. I ordered it from Amazon a few days after it went up for sale, and the delivery date has been pushed back twice now, this time to 4th December - 3rd January. It’s in stock on the GW site and only there that I’ve found. Tried to order it from there this morning, I add it to my cart, go to checkout, it asks me to sign in. Once I’m signed in, my baskets empty. Fine, I add it to the cart again, it wants me to sign in. This time the sign in is automatic, but once again my cart is empty. Just going round and round in this loop. So yeah the new website sucks, and I’m not gonna be reading the book for a while, and at this point my enthusiasm for it is pretty damn low. Is it really 750 pages?

3 hours ago, fire golem said:

I’m avoiding the end and the death threads and just want to vent a little about my experience trying to get just the normal hardback copy. I ordered it from Amazon a few days after it went up for sale, and the delivery date has been pushed back twice now, this time to 4th December - 3rd January. It’s in stock on the GW site and only there that I’ve found. Tried to order it from there this morning, I add it to my cart, go to checkout, it asks me to sign in. Once I’m signed in, my baskets empty. Fine, I add it to the cart again, it wants me to sign in. This time the sign in is automatic, but once again my cart is empty. Just going round and round in this loop. So yeah the new website sucks, and I’m not gonna be reading the book for a while, and at this point my enthusiasm for it is pretty damn low. Is it really 750 pages?

I had placed a normal hardback order back in June from Amazon and they still ended up delivering it a week late - very frustrating and I hope you're able to track down a copy.

On 11/14/2023 at 1:13 PM, Ubiquitous1984 said:

I don't know but I assume it isn't, otherwise BL would surely have used that as part of their marketing.  That said, BL don't appear to believe in marketing so who knows.

There's definitely loads of ghostwritten series like the hardy boys, babysitters club, Sweet Valley High etc. Although those are officially under one author's name. 

2 hours ago, lightinfa said:

I had placed a normal hardback order back in June from Amazon and they still ended up delivering it a week late - very frustrating and I hope you're able to track down a copy.

I found it in stock at Mighty Lancer Games and it’s been dispatched already, thank you. The weird loop I got stuck in on the GW site avoided for now. 

6 hours ago, theSpirea said:

Eidolon might be the next HH: Characters installment

Eidolon: The Auric Hammer by Marc Collins (May 2024)

Marc wrote a decent Eidolon short story not too long ago. Looking forward to this. After reading said short story, I asked him on Twitter about whether he had ever thought about writing Eidolon in 40k and he said that if given the chance he wouldn’t say no! Maybe we’ll get something from him in that vain in the near-ish future, who knows?

Is it bad that I really hope that it'll be about the time when Eidolon leaves Mortarion and apparently ditches the task of bringing Calas Typhon to heel? The next time we see him is years later in the audio drama from Echoes of Revelation, and the plot point was never brought back up again iirc.

8 minutes ago, Von Großschmitt said:

It's the queue system... again. :rolleyes:

Yeah it did start 30 minutes before the pre-order, initially it was hour, then it dropped to 37 min and then 8 min, and now I'm almost in(less than a minute)  :happy:

Got the book, back to the queue which is more than a hour now, so you better be on the website way before 10:00.

Edit: I saw the "we got your order" screen(and got charged) but no email notification, does anyone knows if it's because of the new website? :confused:

Edited by OpossumStrong