Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

1 hour ago, DarkChaplain said:

Argent and Sanguine were originally with the other limited editions. No idea if the third story was part of Dark City.

The audio drama in prose is not included, though, bear that in mind.

I think the audio drama you mentioned is cited by John Banks as his absolute favourite 40K audio production.  It’s short, but very good.

On 11/22/2023 at 12:23 PM, System Sound said:

I could be wrong, but doesn't anyone else think this edition is unlovingly produced? I find it bland and vulgar. Quite the opposite of The Carrion Throne. It seems that BL's only interest is to make money out of whatever it takes.

1-7b3168f3837735deff4ba5d7fae1c4e4.jpg

1-a8207ffff70f072b57262d4020fa21a7.jpg

53 minutes ago, Sothalor said:

Oh. Oh. Each of these novels will have introductions by the author?

Argh! I already have all of these in hardcover, but to get some authorial insight into these books...

Ugh, curse you, BL!

If you miss out I’m sure one of us will help you out with a screen grab.  

The DoF sea of souls LE is still available at the EU site. The bots, fans, scaplers and anyone else has had a week to navigate even this most terrible of websites. 

I actually feel bad Chris Wraith, his work is fantastic and deserves to sell out, not be dragged into the mud by the DoF series. If its still there by next friday when i get my x-mas bonus i think i will get a copy, support your fav authors and all that. 

Yet again I'm exasperated by Black Library editors' decisions; pictured are the contents of the new God-Machines omnibus. 

So, they include the two titan novels by Gav Thorpe and David Annandale, each with an accompanying short story, but leave out the short stories each wrote that were included in the limited editions of these novels:

By Your Command - Gav Thorpe 

Manifest Destiny - David Annandale

I mean, if these were ever to be released in print more widely, surely this would be the place to include them. Madness.

Screenshot_20231125-083044_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

Yet again I'm exasperated by Black Library editors' decisions; pictured are the contents of the new God-Machines omnibus. 

So, they include the two titan novels by Gav Thorpe and David Annandale, each with an accompanying short story, but leave out the short stories each wrote that were included in the limited editions of these novels:

By Your Command - Gav Thorpe 

Manifest Destiny - David Annandale

I mean, if these were ever to be released in print more widely, surely this would be the place to include them. Madness.

Manifest Destiny is not included because it's an LE exclusive short. The Howling Ship was not included in the Fabius Bile omnibus for the same reason.

The only LE exclusive short to have been published outside of the original LE will be Sanguine from the Carrion Throne LE when the new LE box set releases.

The same happened with Fabius Bile's The Howling Ship, or Taeus of Baal and the other Dante story in the Lords of Blood Omnibus. Don't expect the shorts from Vaults of Terra, which are reprinted in the new limited editions, to be in the eventual omnibus, either.

It is bull:cuss:, plain and simple. Surely, after so many years, it's completely reasonable to reprint them for the general audience.

https://amzn.eu/d/eK2Sdlu

https://amzn.eu/d/3JQvomw

https://amzn.eu/d/fxa6aR0

Someone who speaks German can translate all these blurbs and titles from amazon.de (or simply use Google translate).  Seems like the second book of the second trilogy of the Ahriman series by John French, another one is definitely book 8 of the Dawn of Fire series. The other one I cannot decipher.

Edited by Bestkeptsecret

51YkD8dUdL.jpg.b476d463fc82d15718fd3dd589e2b56c.jpg

AHRIMAN: IMMORTALIS

The successful series about the sorcerer Ahriman continues.

Ahriman vegetates on the threshold of time and space, drifting helplessly through an intermediate realm of unknown size and shape. In the end, he has found what he was looking for: the ancient Necron device known as the Key of Infinity. It should be a moment of triumph, but he is no longer the Ahriman he once was. He is betrayed and lost, a lonely sorcerer without allies, surrounded by the wreckage of his grand plans.
Now that his dreams have crumbled to dust and the flames of Pyrodomon have engulfed his legion, Ahriman must forge a path through the ruined remnants of his past if he is to save his future.

Edited by lansalt

Lol, they re-recorded Damocles, which was already a weak anthology, probably because of the old White Scars accents. Could've used that opportunity to at least record something from the Damocles SMB-"arc" that didn't get an audiobook before.

No amount of re-recordings will fix Phil Kelly's novella in there, at any rate.

Glad Witchbringer is finally closing the Astra Militarum gap, though.

And yes, Fall of Cadia has been split in two for the German and iirc the French market. Which makes me fear that The End and the Death's German release will end up in 6 volumes :')

Edited by DarkChaplain

1 hour ago, ADarke said:

They need to re-record the Ahriman audio books. The narrator is awful. Weird pauses and dumb voices. 

Funnily enough they did re-record DoF book one by the same narrator to upgrade it to John Banks.  But can’t see it happening with the Ahriman series now it’s four audiobooks in (and to be fair Elstob does a decent job with Fall of Cadia.  But he’s far from my favourite BL narrator.  Banks or Richard Reed usually do a good chaos space marine narration).