Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

9 hours ago, darkhorse0607 said:

I'm ready to be worked up to hopefully see Black Legion 3 and be let down for a third year in a row

I honestly doubt anything Black Legion will be mentioned until Abnett's next doorstep has dropped. It would be a little off to have the final fight of the Horus Heresy taking place, in real time, close to Abaddon getting his new toy and the Demon Primarchs bowing before him - though perhaps it would work, in a sense. The doomers among us believe BL3 will wrap up not just the first arc of the series, but the series itself, with ADB's Cornwell-style epic culminating in a mighty... 3 books. As happy as I am that ADB has left the 21st century abomination that is soc-media, I do sorely miss his updates and snark

1 hour ago, Bobss said:

I honestly doubt anything Black Legion will be mentioned until Abnett's next doorstep has dropped. It would be a little off to have the final fight of the Horus Heresy taking place, in real time, close to Abaddon getting his new toy and the Demon Primarchs bowing before him - though perhaps it would work, in a sense. The doomers among us believe BL3 will wrap up not just the first arc of the series, but the series itself, with ADB's Cornwell-style epic culminating in a mighty... 3 books. As happy as I am that ADB has left the 21st century abomination that is soc-media, I do sorely miss his updates and snark

So what you’re saying is we’re definitely, 100% getting Spears 2 at the preview.

Like King Canute shouting at the sea, I will call out my wish list for BL to see...

1. Pandaemonium

2. Interceptor City

3. Another Gaunt’s Ghosts Dossier

4. Black Legion 3

5. Spears of the Emperor 2

6. Watchers of the Throne 3

7. Horusian Wars 3

8. Anything ANYTHING from Ferhervari

9. New season of WH Crime that includes:

- Bloodlines 2

- Flesh & Steel 2

- heck any actual follow on novel

So pretty much the completion or continuation of existing series rather than any new books because, you know, would kinda like to finish the various series I am invested in (and thoroughly enjoyed).

Ta!

New Ahriman and next Dawn of Fire books are definitely getting showed. So is Eidolon.

Pandemonium is a maybe, since the siege is almost done and it will most likely tie into that.

New character model shown of or at least teased.

Hopefully something for Horror, that is not another anthology...

Maybe next 40k characters book?

8 minutes ago, Kelborn said:

Mayhaps Horus' Primarch novel?

Guess they'd want to release that before the Siege concludes.

There is precedent for BL to release a Primarchs and SoT novel on the same day, so perhaps at the BL celebration we’ll get the final SoT and also the Horus novel?  God damn I’m getting heart palpitations just thinking about that as I need both them books to complete my LE collections.   

23 minutes ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

There is precedent for BL to release a Primarchs and SoT novel on the same day, so perhaps at the BL celebration we’ll get the final SoT and also the Horus novel?  God damn I’m getting heart palpitations just thinking about that as I need both them books to complete my LE collections.   

I

The worst thing you can do is worry about it. 

Just be confident that you will get it and run through your mind what you did before to get what you needed and just repeat the process. I mean I understand the exact feeling you go through minutes even seconds before the book goes live and after a while I eventually stopped doing that because I know I'm going to get it. 

That being said im not much of a completionist or total collector because I prefer having good books in my collection that I actually like rather than just compulsively collecting things.  I have sold books in the past because I just did not like them and I think my collection means more based on whats not in it rather than just shoving everything in there because its part of a set. 

On 11/29/2023 at 8:18 PM, Lord Nord said:

Hoping for Watchers of the Throne 3.

But it will probably just be a bunch of random stuff alongside Dawn of Fire Book 8: Circling the Drain and Book 9: The Final Flush.

You think we'll see Books 2 and 3 of the Gathering Storm novelized as well as The Fall of Cadia? I'd be willing to wait for Watchers 3 if they gave Rise of the Primarch to Wraight.

And some time later we will have another trilogy like this one of Vaults of Terra. Let's hope that this edition won't be so vulgar. Man, what I would give for that third Watchers of the Throne book to be like The Carrion Throne or The Emperors Legion... :(

I'm curious if they'll delay some of the completed Heresy offerings to slowly roll out after TEATD 3. If they don't have their Scouring plans lined up yet, I don't think it's unlikely they'll keep some Heresy in their pocket until then even if the series is "done." eg: Horus Primarchs Novel, McNeill Siege Novella 3, etc.

Fraters, you do know that we are going to find out that Wraights DoF entry will obliquely reference the Watchers of the Throne series and BL will never commission book THREE in the TRILOGY don’t you? It will stay in the unpublished pile with all those other incomplete trilogies and series!

2 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

Still available on the GW eu site as of now. 

I had to be an adult and not buy it as its simply too near to x mas and it many many expenses :down:.

A friend of mine looked at it from Spain and said they were sold out from the first minute... ebay is full, of course.

After a very lengthy wait between Space Wolf and Ragnar's Claw, they're following up with Grey Hunter right after. Cool.

Way more excited about Josh Reynolds' Black Pyramid finally getting an audiobook, though. It's been five years, and the first book did get an audiobook back then. Just another instance of Josh getting shafted at the time, I suppose. I've been wanting to read this one for ages, since it apparently ties into the meta storyline and also the Mortarch of Night audio dramas Josh wrote.

It really looks like BL might be able to cover the entire AoS novel audiobook backlog by 2025, if they keep going like this. I think there's around a dozen novels left, including the second half of the Realmgate Wars they dropped audiobooks for (despite advertising one in WD for book 6).

Since "clearing the backlog" is clearly not going to happen for 40k, it'll nonetheless be interesting to see how BL will act once AoS has been fully covered. Will they actually start consistently recording anthologies and novellas, something they've only dipped their toes in even for 40k? Even Warhammer Crime, which has many anthologies, received the Vorbis Conspiracy and nothing else.

Or will they just assign those capacities to the WHFB backlog, something they've been tackling slowly with some of the more popular series like Gotrek & Felix, now Malus Darkblade, or The End Times? I'd certainly like that, but it might leave the AoS setting undersupported by comparison. Or will they just shift all of those capacities into 40k, abandoning all but new releases for AoS?

They'll have to decide on those things fairly soon, seeing how long the production pipeline is. Like I said, they might actually clear out the backlog sometime 2025 at the current pace, but even if they drag it out, they'll want to make sure to produce close to capacity and reduce overhead.

Should be interesting. Personally, I'm praying for Time of Legends adaptations first and foremost, and would be pretty disappointed if wrapping up the AoS backlog just meant more 40k audiobooks, rather than a shift in approach or at least anthology coverage.

1 hour ago, DarkChaplain said:

Way more excited about Josh Reynolds' Black Pyramid finally getting an audiobook, though. It's been five years, and the first book did get an audiobook back then. Just another instance of Josh getting shafted at the time, I suppose. I've been wanting to read this one for ages, since it apparently ties into the meta storyline and also the Mortarch of Night audio dramas Josh wrote.

Yeah, Black Pyramid is one of his absolute best. The pacing is a little strange in a few places, but it's absolutely packed with worldbuilding and character details, and it did a lot to breathe life into some factions that were seriously underrepresented at the time it was written.

I'd hazard a guess that it was a point of reference for AoS designers, in fact - I think there's a reason we got a miniature of Gardus in the cover art pose around the time we saw... well, I can't say for spoiler reasons.

As for anthologies, Once A Killer is still without an audio adaptation, and I wish they'd do something about that!

Confirmed Interviews for BL Preview: John French, Jude Reid, Mike Brooks, Guy Haley, and Marc Collins.

New miniatures and books for Warhammer 40,000, the Horus Heresy, the Age of Sigmar, and the World of Legend. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/12/04/the-black-library-preview-is-coming-this-weekend/

24 minutes ago, System Sound said:

Confirmed Interviews for BL Preview: John French, Jude Reid, Mike Brooks, Guy Haley, and Marc Collins.

New miniatures and books for Warhammer 40,000, the Horus Heresy, the Age of Sigmar, and the World of Legend. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/12/04/the-black-library-preview-is-coming-this-weekend/

The Horus Heresy..

So either End and the Death, Horus Primarch novel or something new?

It lives on

Looks like new Old World stories are on the menu next year? I know it’s not 40k, but I’ve been curious how they’d handle its return.

3 minutes ago, System Sound said:

My money is on TEatD. Pats on the back how "great" the whole series was and a release date. 

Collins is almost certainly getting interviewed about Eidolon.

Edited by cheywood