80’s Style AI Warhammer Film Art

WARMASTER_

Found these on YouTube and just had to share

I’m aware AI art is currently the bit of a divisive subject but these have to be the best Warhammer 40K inspired images I’ve ever seen [looks like how I imagine the age of strife] They feel like John Blanche’s dreams and if this isn’t turned into a film I’ll be forever upset 

Edited by WARMASTER_
Updated link

36 minutes ago, Reskin said:

yeah dude these came across my feed yesterday too, where the heck are those pics from, some show or movie or has it been digitally made?

Yeh digitally created! It’ll be an AI art generator that’s been taught 40K art + lots of 80’s fantasy + SCIFI films 

The future is now…

I, too, have been messing around with AI art.  Using an App named Wonder.  Here's Henry Cavill as a Custodes:

wonder1665795979847.thumb.jpg.5cd1d4a665040339d15c56ab3eaed6c7.jpg

But what I really like is this Neoblanchitsu style I stumbled across.  AI art doesn't do everything well, it screws up faces and hands, they all live deep in the Uncanny Valley.  Understanding its current limitations, I asked it to make Techpriests, because you can get away with poorly done faces and hands:

wonder1668306556785.thumb.jpg.7c9cb547b1cfb6e8b5f96c832d005274.jpg

I want to do dioramas or things like this.  Just a simple Zenithal (I just use black & white spray cans), Flesh Tearer Red Contrast, Agrax Earthshade or that new Dreadful Visage ink, some metallic paint then Tamiya Smoke.  My favourite part: it actually looks more grimdark than current official 40k art.

Looking great! I’m not sure about more Grimdark for me Lewis Jones and Igor Sid are redefining this new generation of artists

The art direction of 9th is definitely back on the right track for the setting 

Igor

E515412A-FA9F-4A1A-ABA7-6BB4D70712CA.jpeg
Lewis

0E7E64CE-1C17-4F03-BEA3-93E76FA5D061.jpeg

Edited by WARMASTER_