Indirect fire

Rogue

I'm playing in a small doubles tournament in a couple of weeks, but it's not using the new data-slate and points (because the list deadline was yesterday).

I'm playing as Guard, to complement my friend's Blood Angels, but am more usually a GSC player, so I'm still learning the Guard rules.

At some point recently, Guard units were exempt from indirect fire penalties. Was that still the case prior to the current data-slate?

It's not a massive thing - I only have three mortars that if affects - but good to play the right version of the rules anyway.

If anyone can bring me up to (almost) date, I'd appreciate it.

And as the codex has no exemption from the rule (or nerf), then it now applies to the Guard as well. Seems fair.

Mildly complicated by the TO ruling that (in this particular case) the current datasheet doesn't apply, but it would feel petty to argue for an advantage on those grounds.

I don't suppose you have a link or reference for GW's comments, do you?

For those who may be reading, the current dataslate is: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/3L0GNWfXu9HzCaH0.pdf

So at least proceeding from it (which presumptively should apply, regardless of which codex you are using - though, of course, GW is free to specify otherwise) IG does have the penalty unless the codex says otherwise.