Thoughts on play with changes to Arks of Omen Secondaries?

templargdt

If you like your existing list then you should be able to add some more units. As far as secondaries go I pretty much always take Raise Banners, Oaths of the Moment I will take dependent on mission and opponent’s army list. Bathe in your Blood can be good as well. Assassinate if your opponent has a lot of characters.

1 hour ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

If you like your existing list then you should be able to add some more units. As far as secondaries go I pretty much always take Raise Banners, Oaths of the Moment I will take dependent on mission and opponent’s army list. Bathe in your Blood can be good as well. Assassinate if your opponent has a lot of characters.

As I understand it Bathe is going in Arks of Omen, our only bespoke Secondary is Honor Your Vows.  

1 hour ago, templargdt said:

As I understand it Bathe is going in Arks of Omen, our only bespoke Secondary is Honor Your Vows.  

Yes, only 1 chapter exclusive secondary available for each loyalist chapter now.

To chapters which once had 3 decent exclusive secondaries(e.g. BA), it is a huge blow, they lost 2 options. BT is not hurt from it, since BT had…0 good secondaries.

26 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

To chapters which once had 3 decent exclusive secondaries(e.g. BA), it is a huge blow, they lost 2 options. BT is not hurt from it, since BT had…0 good secondaries.

At the risk of going slightly OT, I am releived to seesecondaries being scaled back. I feel like GW was using them as a bandaid to fix certain factions without really fixing them. If you manage to score wellon secondaries but still get pasted by the enemy, it may be a victory on paper but it does not feel like a fun game.

4 hours ago, Karhedron said:

At the risk of going slightly OT, I am releived to seesecondaries being scaled back. I feel like GW was using them as a bandaid to fix certain factions without really fixing them. If you manage to score wellon secondaries but still get pasted by the enemy, it may be a victory on paper but it does not feel like a fun game.

Concur. Some wins felt worse than losing.

Oaths was buffed so that's nice.
Shock tactics is better than the now removed 'allow not...' do that's not a problem.
Generic 'murder all their characters' should be easier now with people having access to 4HQ and bonus elite characters without losing CP.
Theres always RND.. Or is it Omen data now? Arks data? With 'free' reserves it's pretty easy and cheap.

11 hours ago, Medjugorje said:

all of our secoundaries used to be bad and now it has not changed very much. Its not the worst but...

The Space Marine ones are the very good for us now.

Really?  The only one of the Space Marines I think are ok is Oaths of Moment.

I'm really frustrated by all this.  There are only a handful of secondaries and it feels like I'm being pushed into a very specific style of play to have any chance of victory.

36 minutes ago, templargdt said:

Really?  The only one of the Space Marines I think are ok is Oaths of Moment.

I'm really frustrated by all this.  There are only a handful of secondaries and it feels like I'm being pushed into a very specific style of play to have any chance of victory.

BT even could choose "codex warfare" now. Although looks like a "melee focused" chapter, BT don't really need to go into assault doctrine to active it's special buff abilities.

6 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

BT even could choose "codex warfare" now. Although looks like a "melee focused" chapter, BT don't really need to go into assault doctrine to active it's special buff abilities.

its a bit sad but now we will stay like the supplement was on its release. Not close combat oriented from its effective although the narrative and core design says it so.

Codex Warfare helps all space marines the same way -> look what is the strongest choice and then you have to kill the opponent in the right doctrine if its possible. 

And whats the strongest choices right now for us?

- Impulsors with MM and Bolters  (Devastor and Tactical)

- Inceptors, Inceptors and Inceptors (Tactical)

- Eradicators (Davastor)

- Aggressors (Tacitcal and ASSAULT)

- Terminators with Hammer (ASSAULT)

- Gladiators (Davastor)

I think the most times we will not stay in devastor doctrine because it doesnt matter if we have ap4 or ap5 in addition to so much invuls and no AoC anymore. So you have to play aggressive. The question is more when or even IF we go into Assault doctrine. 

Cheaper everything that I run, and the ability to fit more in lists is awesome. Uphold for army wide 5++ once again is a nice fallback from losing AoC.

I really like free multimeltas on the vehicles. I haven’t really had a chance to run them yet and one day when I can actually play again I shall. :D