Can Custodes and Sister of Silence be in one Squad

HeinzD
Go to solution Solved by SkimaskMohawk,

Hey you guys, this post basically breaks down to: Could a SoS character like Jenetia Krole join a squad of custodes or the other way around, could a Shield captain join a squad of Sisters?

Firstly, i dont know how the force organization of the two works, are they one army, like they are in 9th edition of 40k, or are they 2 seperate Armies and you can bring them as allies?

If the 1st is the case there shouldnt be a problem of them joining each other.

If the 2nd is the case and they are allies, i dont actually know, if allies can join each others units, havent found anything on that, but it feels like it would be something thats not entirely possible, i feel like they need to share a faction keyword or something. 

Anyway, hope anyone has an answer to that, thanks!

• Solution

The answer is the 2nd, and can join, but the reason is more complicated than normal.

Both SoS and Custodes fall under Agents of the Emperor, which is usually the Faction part you use when making a detachment. The Liber then tells us that SoS and Custodes are subfactions of Agents, and that detachments made from those lists would be considered their own Faction (pg.7 of liber imperialis). So Custodes and SoS are distinct factions and can't be mixed in a Primary Detachment (pg.7 of liber imperialis and pg.281 of the main rules).

Now, as Agents, both subfactions treat all other loyalists as Sworn Brothers on the ally level of allegiance, meaning they can join each other's units and benefit from each other's special rules. But still not hop in their transports (pg.283 of the main rules).

Edited by SkimaskMohawk