KoS consolidate into units on 2nd floor?

9x19 Parabellum
Go to solution Solved by Jolemai,

Could a Keeper of Secrets (Shalaxi) fighting on the ground level and OUTSIDE a typical GW triangular piece of ruined terrain, consolidate into and "tag" my unit of Eradicators on the 2nd level of that ruin?  Understanding that the KoS's base is too big (and she can't anyway cuz she's a monster) go through the walls of the ruined terrain?  My opponent claimed she could but something seemed off about this. 

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

• Solution

Hard to tell without a picture and without knowing how you were ruling your Terrain. from the BRB:

• If after the Consolidation move the KoS was within 1" horizontally and 5" vertically regardless of its relation to the ruin then yes, your Eradicators would be "tagged"
  • From the section on Moving Over Terrain, nothing can move through a wall, but if the wall was less than 1" in height, the model could move over it freely
  • Ruins are Area Terrain and stuff moves through it normally
  • However, if there was a wall in the way, the KoS would have to Consolidate around it, not through it as it's neither Infantry/Beasts/Swarms (Breachable)

Thanks Jolemai. I believe then he did meet the criteria.  Just tough to tell looking at it in 3 dimensions. It felt intuitively as if something was off about it.

This is my best recollection of what the situation looked like at the beginning of his fight phase:

image.png.8ffef18269740db39ab7141b032217bf.png

The big gray triangle represents the typical GW mechanicus ruined terrain piece.  The 5 semi-transparent red circles are the eradicators on the 2nd floor. 
Shalaxi charged the Primaris Crusader Squad (PCS) and Intercessors (Int).   She was very close to basing them both as she needed to be in order to successfully charge them both and fit her model in.   She killed 3 of the intercessors and maybe 4 PCS.   The question came up when I was trying to determine which Intercessor models to remove.  His contention was that if I removed the first 3 closest to her, she would be able to "sweep counterclockwise around" and base the Eradicators.   That did not seem to correct to me, though, in all fairness, I couldn't exactly specify why.

image.png.389d83fe540360941e979864ca6d871d.png

Just to confirm, after the charge, Shalaxi was in engagement range - but not base to base - with both squads?

• In that case, removing the three INT models meant that the nearest target to Consolidate towards would be the PCS model in engagement range (but not in base to base)
  • If Shalaxi was in base to base with the PCS after the charge/pile in, then it couldn't Consolidate as being in base to base counts as already having done so

Edited by Jolemai