Rite of War: Liberation Force (RG)

+ HQ: +

Centurion [125Pts]
. Vigilator: Artificer Armour, Cameleoline, Infravisor
. . Bolt Pistol
. . Chainsword: Chainsword
. Vigilator

Praetor [205Pts]: The Hidden Hand, Warlord
. Legion Praetor: Artificer Armour, Corvid Pattern Jump Pack, Master-craft one weapon, Raven's Talon, Thunder Hammer

+ Elites: +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [210Pts]
. Contemptor Dreadnought: Gravis Autocannon, Gravis Power Fist  with in-built ranged weapon, Havoc Launcher, Meltagun

Deliverers Squad [275Pts]
.  Deliverer Chieftain w/Pair of Raven's Talons: Pair of Raven's Talons
. 4x Deliverer w/Pair of Raven's Talons: 4x Pair of Raven's Talons

Mor Deythan Squad [185Pts]
.  Mor Deythan Shade: Chainsword, Infravisor, Minor Combi-Weapon - Volkite Charger
. Mor Deythan: Chainsword, Minor Combi-Weapon - Volkite Charger

+ Troops: +

Tactical Squad [130Pts]
.  Legion Tactical Sergeant: Bolter, Infravisor, Lightning Claw, Plasma Pistol, Power Armour
. 9x  Legionaries (collective): 9x Bolt Pistol, 9x Bolter

Tactical Squad [130Pts]
.  Legion Tactical Sergeant: Bolter, Infravisor, Lightning Claw, Plasma Pistol, Power Armour

Tactical Squad [130Pts]

+ Fast Attack: +

Dark Furies [305Pts]: 7x Dark Furies
. 3x Chooser of the Slain: 3x Artificer Armour

+ Heavy Support: +

Leviathan Dreadnought Talon [290Pts]
. Leviathan: Leviathan Siege Claw, Leviathan Siege Drill
. . 2x Twin-linked Volkite Calivers

++ Total: [2,000Pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

sgt leaders have RTs not LCs

So I’m new to Sci-fi warhammer cause I got bullied into this by my local. 

I have a couple questions but as of now this is my plan to fill out my Decap Strike RG

is a 5 man Mor Deythan combi volkite squad enough to smack things. I have a squad with Nemesis bolters cause they’re dope, but it would appear that a maxed unit of Mor Deythan is peoples preference. 

Deliverers fine as a shock assault unit? They have a better WS and battle hardened 1 to which I’ve only lost termies to ID in melee. I don’t see a reason to give them guns also fine as 5?

Snipers for the pin before deep strike just to help out there, pick off small characters when possible 

dark furies seem to not need melta unless sent into armour 14?

All units with shooting get infravisor to ignore enemy shroud

realistically the tac squads could just be naked minus infravision, but I’m playing Wiziwig and that’s what they have atm. 

Dread to go punch big stupid things?

Lastly, I know what I designed this list to be able to do. I should be able to kill warlords and characters easilier and cause some morale problems for my enemy from pinning and the blenders that are dark furies. 

I suspect I’ll have issues with armour but the dreads are kitted with that in mind. 

n I also hate vehicles, looks and thematics which is why I’m not using them. 

but where will this army actually struggle and what if any are it’s strengths

also for future proofing, is a 10man of dark furies a good enough body guard for a Corvus? Non of his retinue options can keep up in the air. 

thank you!

Edited by OffoRanger
Update accuracy

I would have a read through the tactics page, as experiences differ from 1 individual to another.

Personally I'd rather have Artificer armor on tactical sergeants than infravisors. The vigilator is a bit pricey, where would you put him?

You really need a couple chain/ fists in the Deliverers Squad. To guarantee 2+ armor save kills. 

1 hour ago, Dont-Be-Haten said:

I would have a read through the tactics page, as experiences differ from 1 individual to another.

Personally I'd rather have Artificer armor on tactical sergeants than infravisors. The vigilator is a bit pricey, where would you put him?

You really need a couple chain/ fists in the Deliverers Squad. To guarantee 2+ armor save kills. 

The Vigilator can react to enemy HQ or Troop placements, being that they are infiltrators, can play to any part of the board, and can crucially be one of the first pinning shots used to pin enemy interceptions. Also rending 2+ with reroll 1s agaisnt characters, he’ll be head hunting. He can run with Mor Deythans if needed or could take the cameoline cloak and have a 5+ shroud. 

I probably should artificer over infra

Is the math even on that many 5+ readings on RTs I’ll need a power fist homie?

Basically any 4s on Talons allows a 2+ save, or a 4++ /5+++ for every wound done. Powerfists outright Terminators on 2s, which naturally re-roll 1s the turn they charge. This also allows you the opportunity to deal with Armor Values etc. Chainfists specifically.

1 hour ago, Dont-Be-Haten said:

Basically any 4s on Talons allows a 2+ save, or a 4++ /5+++ for every wound done. Powerfists outright Terminators on 2s, which naturally re-roll 1s the turn they charge. This also allows you the opportunity to deal with Armor Values etc. Chainfists specifically.

In a squad of 5, would you say 2/3? Or would you just bump up the squad and go 5/5?

Well I run a 10 man squad that's 530 points so don't listen to me on Deliverers. Edit: joking aside I run 3 ablative wound models with power weapons and bolters, then 3 Raven Talon's, 1 power fist and the Chieftain has a chainfist. Then I run 2 Multi-meltas with power axes.

My viewpoint is that snipers and precision shooting is so brutal amongst my group that expensive models getting shot out is frustrating, and so I spread the weapons as it were.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten
At work couldn't finish thought