2500pts NightLords - The Swift Blade

RoadRunna

Using this ROW 'The Swift Blade' - you can have 5 HQ choices but all must be on bikes.   All HQ choices have the Jadhek Clanlord Trait which gives the squad they join Counter-attack(1), ignore terrain penalties for movement / charge and can re-roll dangerous terrain.   One must be Praetor.  Outriders can be taken as troops. 

In my list by taking 3 Heralds, this grants all squads within 6" the Line special rule (thus making all outrider units scoring) and also conveys Fear / Fearless to the squad they have joined).  This by its very nature has a very low model count but am hoping that the multiple Centurions will make mince meat of any squad they can gang up on

Praetor on Spatha Bike with Escaton Power Claw

Command Squad (3) on Spatha Bikes.  2 with Lightning claws and 1 with PowerAxe (Legion Standard)

Centurion Librarian on Spatha Bike

Outrider squad - Sgt with Powerfist and Artificer Armour

3 X Centurion Herald with thunderhammer on Spatha Bike

3 X Outrider squad - Sgt with Powerfist and Artificer Armour

3 X Contakar Terminator squad (5 Volkite cavitor / Dissident with Escaton power claw)

3 X 2 Proteus Landspeeders with Hvy Bolter and MultiMelta

On 1/14/2023 at 4:31 AM, Varyn said:

This RoW looks fun, it’s a shame that bikes/outriders are much worse in HH2.0. A unit of 3 bikes (with a herald) will be quite easy to shoot off the table; they’re only T4 with a 3+ save. You might struggle with such small scoring squads.

Yes -  particularly with only T4...  However I have all of the models in the list so am keen to see how it goes on the table.  

I am hoping that the 3 units of Contekar will act as a "distraction Carnifex" allowing the units to break away late game and hide...

• 2 weeks later...

I think you'd be better off if you put all of your bikes into two units. Max out the command squad because their 2+ save is necessary for the hit and run kind of play. I do think Hit and Run on jetbike is a sleeper Strat but you need to focus on being able to survive when you charge your unit to avoid being shot at. Hit and Run allows you to move your M(16") antigrav +2d6" . 

Edited by Vostroi

23 hours ago, Vostroi said:

I think you'd be better off if you put all of your bikes into two units. Max out the command squad because their 2+ save is necessary for the hit and run kind of play. I do think Hit and Run on jetbike is a sleeper Strat but you need to focus on being able to survive when you charge your unit to avoid being shot at. Hit and Run allows you to move your M(16") antigrav +2d6" . 

You must have been reading my mind as I was thinking about this merger of bikes on the weekend.  This would then allow me to run a Librarian and Herald with squad each (and gain a few more bikes as its cheaper to add a bike than a new squad (+3=60 vs squad of 3 for 85)

Also thought that running one unit of 10 Contakar and a second as a 5 may be better to enable the full 10 to be deployed via DS with then only the small squad of 5 being at risk of a disordered deployment - thoughts?

I still have some time as the squad markings on all the models have not yet been painted on.

Thanks for the thought on the Jetbikes but I do not have these models... I only have the traditional biker models at the moment - perhaps with the new plastic jetbikes being released I can look at adding them when I take it to 3000pts

• 1 month later...

Hi All.  I have adjusted the 2500pt list that I have built and am now painting to be:

Praetor on Spatha Bike with Escaton Power Claw

Command Squad of 5 on Spatha Bikes.  3 with Lightning claws and 1 with PowerAxe (Legion Standard)

2 X Centurion Librarian on Spatha Bike

2 X Centurion Herald with thunderhammer on Spatha Bike

Outrider squad (8 bikes) - Sgt with Powerfist and Artificer Armour

Outrider squad (9 bikes)- Sgt with Powerfist and Artificer Armour

Contakar Terminator squad of 5 (5 Volkite cavitor / Dissident with Escaton power claw)

Contakar Terminator squad of 9 (9 Volkite cavitor / Dissident with Escaton power claw)

3 X 2 Proteus Landspeeders with Hvy Bolter and MultiMelta

I am now looking to take it to 3000 points and I think I really need some ranged anti-tank firepower.  As the Swift Blade Rite of War restricts the units I can take, what do people recommend?  (eg: Nothing with rules such as Heavy, slow or bombard etc so there goes Heavy weapon squads or rapiers)