Starting Imp Guard 2023

Orpheus108
Go to solution Solved by Hiroitchi,

Hello fellow Guardsmen,

For 2023 I'd like to start a new army and went for the guard. 

Now the army I'd love to have is just the most amount of tanks. 

As for tanks, the leman russ, basilisk and any tank really.

So my question as the new codex hits. 

What's the most tanks you can fit in a 2000pts army.

Cheers 

• Solution

It depends on game you are playing and what you want to run. I run armoured lists alot, so take my information with a grain of salt. The format I'll be Using is Arks of Omen. It should be releasing this Saturday 1/15/2023. The other thing with Guard its somewhat up in the air because there isnt a full release and it remains to be seen how it'll affect guard. The following will be variations of 2k lists that I run with enough points left over for options.

List 1:

2x Baneblades

2x Shadowswords

List 2:

3x Tank Commanders

9x Leman Russ

List 3:

3x Tank Commander

3x Rogal Dorns

3x Leman Russ

2x Basilisk

List 4:

3x Tank Commanders

3x Rogal Dorns

3x Deathstrikes

List 5:

3x Tank Commanders

2x Rogal Dorns

6x Leman Russ

Per your Question I feel the most you can run is 12x Tanks. You can squeeze in some Hellhound (Devil Dogs) as Harrassing units. Death Strikes are great to zone out your opponent but from my experience are very swingy. None the less welcome to the guard.

12 hours ago, Hiroitchi said:

It depends on game you are playing and what you want to run. I run armoured lists alot, so take my information with a grain of salt. The format I'll be Using is Arks of Omen. It should be releasing this Saturday 1/15/2023. The other thing with Guard its somewhat up in the air because there isnt a full release and it remains to be seen how it'll affect guard. The following will be variations of 2k lists that I run with enough points left over for options.

List 1:

2x Baneblades

2x Shadowswords

List 2:

3x Tank Commanders

9x Leman Russ

List 3:

3x Tank Commander

3x Rogal Dorns

3x Leman Russ

2x Basilisk

List 4:

3x Tank Commanders

3x Rogal Dorns

3x Deathstrikes

List 5:

3x Tank Commanders

2x Rogal Dorns

6x Leman Russ

Per your Question I feel the most you can run is 12x Tanks. You can squeeze in some Hellhound (Devil Dogs) as Harrassing units. Death Strikes are great to zone out your opponent but from my experience are very swingy. None the less welcome to the guard.

The 1st list of 2 shadowswords,  2 baneblades would be a hoot to hit the table with. 

But list 2 looks like it's my type of fun for the guard. And Deathstrikes with Basilisks for back line fun.

Im starting of with guard this year for some fun games, lots of armour even maybe throw in agents or rogue trader crew for some fluffy fun and try out aswell