Most common of each stat for weapons?

I don't think anyone has bothered to actually go through and work this out, but I'd assume it would be roughly bolter level, though to the tail end of 9th I'd assume the most common would be ap-1.

So S4 AP-1 D1.

You then have to calibrate that to the frequency of the weapons used. For tactical squad options, say you have bolter, meltagun, lascannon, plasma cannon, multimelta, etc. On paper, one of those weapons is S4 AP0 D1, the rest are S7-9, AP-3+, DD6 etc, this would give the false impression that strong weapons are in the majority, however in reality, those strong weapons are in a 1:4 ratio with bolters. 

Yeah I think Xenith is right, doing it on a weapon by weapon basis probably wouldn’t tell you much because you wouldn’t know the frequency that those weapons were used. 

You might find more useful info if you break it down by purely troops category and see what the most common basic stat is for the default troops weapon. Even then it wouldn’t really tell you much unless you knew whether people were taking those troops. 

The only way I can think where you’d get meaningful information is to break down the tournament lists from various events and look at the variety of weapons taken. That might give you an idea of what people tend to pack into their lists and what’s the most common in actual games rather just straight numerical information.

• 2 weeks later...