Arks of Omen Secondaries

I just read through the season updates for secondaries and am having some thoughts; would appreciate input for perspective.

- our chapter secondary is more complex than I usually like, but the end game portion is usually simple and gives 5 points. That means you only have to get the grind eq 2x to get 13 points. 3x to max. I compare that to oaths, where unless you completely own the center of the table the whole game, you're looking at 8-10.

- Space Marine secondaries are still all reliant on enemy interaction except for oaths. This continues the problem of competing against passive secondaries from last season.

- Shock assault has the same problem where it's dependent on aggressive enemy positioning.

- I'm thinking that building with big units and recently reduced vehicles may make a good synergy between 'carry out your vows' and 'grind them down'. Then you're just picking between killing characters and killing big stuff.

Marshal Laeroth and I just recorded a video on secondaries actually! We'll be posting it soon, but I'm thinking that SM have a lot more options now both because of the secondary changes and the points drops allowing for more options in our lists. Shock Tactics and Oaths are going to be staples I think. If you aren't scoring Shock tactics because you don't have any objectives to take back then you are probably already winning the game! 

1 hour ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

Raise Banners is a great choice for the third secondary.

It pairs quite well with Sticky ObjSec on Troops units

2 hours ago, Acebaur said:

If you aren't scoring Shock tactics because you don't have any objectives to take back then you are probably already winning the game! 

That is a remarkably good point, I may have to re-evaluate this secondary.