Casual but useful Custodes

So I'm thinking of getting back into my Custodes again, after the unpleasantness of a dropped carry case and exploding models put me right off. Now the Custodes have gone back to their original rules, it's drawing me back in. I do have to fix a bunch of models which includes painting the repairs as well... :mad: :laugh:

I like to play well but usually to a theme. I like the concept of Shadowkeepers so am going with that, concentrating on what I'd imagine we'd see from them in the catacombs below the Imperial Palace. As such, I didn't want to go with Jetbikes as although I'm sure the Shadowkeepers would use them when out trying to apprehend an escapee, I wanted a more direct homage to their origins.

So list then questions:

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain [105pts]:

• Gatekeeper

• Misericordia

Shield-Captain in Allarus Terminator Armor [-3CP, 130pts]:

• Lockwarden

• Champion of the Imperium

• Bane of Abominations

• Guardian Spear, Misericordia

• Obliteratum

+ Troops +

Custodian Guard Squad [235pts]

•3x Custodian w/ Guardian Spear & Misericordia

• 2x Custodian w/ Sentinel Blade & Praesidium Shield

Custodian Guard Squad [225pts]

5x Custodian w/

• Guardian Spear

• Misericordia

Sagittarum Custodians [250pts]

5x Sagittarum w/

• Misericordia

• Adrastus Bolt Caliver

+ Elites +

Allarus Custodians [300pts]

5x Allarus w/

• Castellan Axe

• Misericordia

• Balistus Grenade Launcher

Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought [190pts]:

• 2x Twin Adrathic Destructor

Contemptor-Galatus Dreadnought [180pts]

Vexilus Praetor [105pts]:

• Guardian Spear

• Misericordia

• Vexilla Defensor

+ Heavy Support +

Telemon Heavy Dreadnought [-1CP, 275pts]:

• Arachnus Storm Cannon

• Stratagem: Eternal Penitent

• Telemon Caestus

++ Total: [1CP, 1,995pts] ++

So there are some things that are thematic and I want to keep, like the Terminators, the 3 Dreadnoughts and I'd like to make use of the Sagittarum.

However I'm flexible. Dropping 2 Sagittarum and the Shield Captain on foot (who has Gatekeeper, get it?) Gets me points for more stuff. I can potentially add a Knight Centura and a bunch of Witchseekers for a flame combo, or another Achillus? I feel the Achillus, though SoS are also thematic if the Vaults of Terra held some Warp creature etc.

The Shield Captain on foot was there to provide the 2 squads of Custodian Guard support and to enjoy using his Relic but really he's not essential.

Going Dread heavy is always fun. Hard to ever resist such a thing and it feels appropriate for the Shadowkeepers as a theme.

Any other little methods I can squeeze something fun in? I'm also aware Wardens are thematic as well, so I might swap the Spears Custodians for a unit as let's be fair, the Axes are powerful (wounding on a 2+/3+ vs most things is very good) whilst also being fluffy. I can drop a Sagittarum from the 5 man unit if needed for that like.

Thoughts?

If in doubt, whack in a Dreadnought. :biggrin:

I used Gatekeeper once and actually really enjoyed it, particularly firing twice in Salvus. 8 S5 shots auto hitting is actually pretty good. (Obviously I was up close as they are Custodes!)