WD Arks hints

Mjasghar

Okay this will be a bit rambling but this is what there is in the new WD

Abaddon has been told by all his seers that unless he gives himself to the 4 he will face mutual destruction if he invades Terra (think that vision of the Emperor rising as a giant angel and the world dying). 
So along comes this daemon. Except it’s a demigod. It’s purview screams Dark Mechanicus and I suspect this may be a new faction once it ascends. 
The deal is a weapon that will tip the balance but requires a Key. If you know your Doctor Who think the whole Key to Time. Yes, there’s fragments scattered about disguised as books and statues etc. So when Chaos invades they often stop halfway and leave and no one knows why or what has been taken. 
Each Ark is a major daemonic entity that has to be tamed - which has cost many warlords their lives. Fragments are sent through warp portals at the heart of the Ark. Dante captures an abandoned Ark so there’s intel that something os going on but not what. 
Hints at Easter egg links to old lore so maybe some old novels and old characters will appear to be killed off in a one liner. 

3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I wouldn't look too far into any of it. Campaigns in 40k never really go anywhere and are just fluff to put in a 3 month rule book.

Gathering Storm ended up with Guilliman returning and the galaxy being changed forever. This campaign could be just as impactful. 

58 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Gathering Storm ended up with Guilliman returning and the galaxy being changed forever. This campaign could be just as impactful. 

Touché guy. But in my defense I also wouldn't look too far into what someone with the name Special Officer Doofy posts on the internet either.