Boarding Action Sisters, list ideas and order?

mertbl

Really excited to try this format. List building is a bit of a pain though. We can bring a unit of dominions and 3 characters outside of the normal restrictions. Noticed last night that you can only bring 1 of each elite choice though. RIght now i'm here with a list idea.

Bloody Rose

Canoness, blessed blade, inferno pistol

10 Sacs, Halberds, Spear of Faithful, inferno pistol

5 celestians - combi melta sgt, 2 melta

9 repentia

5 Dominion 4 melta combi melta

Interesting idea. Sacs are definite but think I may go more troop heavy but I also play Valorous Heart. So I need to start planning some lists

4 hours ago, mertbl said:

Really excited to try this format. List building is a bit of a pain though. We can bring a unit of dominions and 3 characters outside of the normal restrictions. Noticed last night that you can only bring 1 of each elite choice though. RIght now i'm here with a list idea.

Bloody Rose

Canoness, blessed blade, inferno pistol

10 Sacs, Halberds, Spear of Faithful, inferno pistol

5 celestians - combi melta sgt, 2 melta

9 repentia

5 Dominion 4 melta combi melta

I am planning similar but -

Bloody Rose

Canoness, Blessed Blade, Inferno Pistol

5 Battle Sister Squad

5 Battle Sister Squad

10 Sacs, Hammers, 

10 Celestians, 2 Meltas

Dialogus

Keeps me at 32 models, but gives me decent ranged firepower, and the dialogus gives a buttload of Psychic Protection, since I can see Smite Being absolutely bonkers.

Since you need to be able to see the unit you are Psychic-ing, you put a unit stretching in front, and then cast Spiritual Fortitude, and your opponent can't target that unit with psychic, or the units behind them. Since I am likely playing against Grey Knights, Salamanders led by a Psyker, Imperial Guard, Tyranids or Custodes, I feel it helps. Plus, the +1/-1 on miracle dice means I can make sure my meltas wound or my charges go through a lot easier.

The Repentia are an interesting choice - I am sure they will hit hard, but I am not sure if they will be survivable enough. 

Edited by MoshJason

Why the 10 celestians? They'll break into 2x5 at deployment so you kind of just end up with 5 more sisters. 

I hadn't thought of the psychic angle. Maybe i should re work for a dogmata. 

Heavy flamer battle sisters with the overwatch action could be interesting too. 

Celestians are our most dependable unit - near a Canoness they have a 2+ rerollable to hit, and a Bloody Rose Celestian has 3 ap -1 Melee Attacks without any buffs.

I think in boarding action, their dependability and overall decent stats will keep them worth their points. Plus, each squad of 5 will have a Melta that is *going* to hit, and should help punch through any big baddies that we will encounter.

I could replace the Battle Sisters with Dominions/Repentia, but I would like to keep a decent amount of squads/bodies on the board to make sure I can cover ground and objectives. 

As for psychic, if you think there's a chance that you can get Smote'd, our natural defenses can help - the Miracle Dice and AEgis of The Emperor are a strong defense, but a successful smite can deal d3 to d6 wounds,  that can take out entire squads with a decent roll of the dice. 

Edited by MoshJason

Just got a couple games of boarding Action yesterday.  I ran Argent Shroud with:

X5 BSS: combimelta, multimelta

X5 BSS: multimelta 

X10 Noviates: power sword, x2 flamers, pistols & CCW

10 Sacresants: spear, inferno, halberds

Preacher: vindicator, trademark weapon

4 Repentia

Sacresants are pretty important for taking and holding contested objectives.  They're probably sisters best boarding Action unit.  A high point in posting BSS with a multimelta in a junction and putting them in overwatch against elite enemies like Marines or Ogryns if you have a 6 miracle dice.  It guarantees the first thing to come in dies.

List I'm thinking about running (Order of the Valorous Heart):

Palatine- Plasma pistol 

5 BSS- heavy flamer power sword

5 BSS- Meltagun chainsword

5 BSS- Heavy Bolter chainsword

5 Celestian Sacresants- maces

5 Celestian- Meltagun/ heavy flamer/ power sword

5 Dominion- 4 Storm bolters and power sword

Not very experienced with sisters, but they are my favorite killteam, so i thought id expand what i got and came up with this, what do you think? 

++ Boarding Patrol (Imperium - Adepta Sororitas) [23 PL, 3CP, 500pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [3CP]: 1. Combat Patrol (0-50 Total PL / 0-500 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Game Type: 5. Chapter Approved: Arks of Omen

Order Convictions: Order: Bloody Rose

+ HQ +

Canoness [5 PL, 95pts]: Blessed Blade, Inferno pistol, Warlord
. Blinding Radiance

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad [3 PL, 80pts]
. 3x Battle Sister: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon: Multi-melta
. Sister Superior: Inferno pistol

Battle Sister Squad [3 PL, 80pts]
. 3x Battle Sister: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon: Multi-melta
. Sister Superior: Inferno pistol

Sisters Novitiate Squad [4 PL, 95pts]
. Novitiate Superior
. . Plasma Pistol and Power Sword: Plasma pistol, Power sword
. 7x Sister Novitiate (Melee Weapon): 7x Auto Pistol, 7x Frag & Krak grenades, 7x Novitiate Melee Weapons
. 2x Sister Novitiate w/ Ministorum Flamer: 2x Auto Pistol, 2x Ministorum Flamer

+ Elites +

Celestian Sacresants [8 PL, 150pts]
. 9x Celestian Sacresant (Anointed Halberd): 9x Anointed Halberd, 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades
. Sacresant Superior: Inferno pistol, Spear of the Faithful

++ Total: [23 PL, 3CP, 500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe