Looking to start custodes for boarding actions

Hi everyone, 

So i own a necron and Space Marine armies, and im looking to start a New one for boarding actions, i will be getting some tyranids if they Come in the New Starter Set, but ive Always liked custodes, and boarding actions seems a fun place to start them, so what do you think would be a good starting list for this ? 

Thanks 

Blacksnapt

Trajaan and 2 squads of 3 sword and shield guard is 500 points on the nose. Alternatively you can swap those 2 squads for one 6 man squad of Wardens that will split into 2 3 man squads at the start of the game and also be 500 on the nose.

I personally find the Blade Champion with the breaching enhancement to be the most fun unit in Custodes for Boarding Actions. He absolutely shreds in melee while having a worse save against gunfire, which gives him slightly less of a field bad factor for my friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I currently run., 

Shield Captain in Allarus with Axe

Custodian Guard - 1swrd 2 spears

3 Allarus - you can split these up into individuals, which to cover ground you should do. Axes.

5 Witchseekers - flamers on.

This gives you 6 units to cover the board and be effective. It's been a solid success so far. I've played the first 3 missions and haven't lost yet.

I faced a Custodes List with  Champion, Allarus terminators x2, Sagittarum Guard x3 and 5 WitchSeekers vs my Grey Knights (Terminator Libby, 2 Brotherhood Terminator squads). We tied on turn 5 but he had no models left . The Witchseekers were no joke. 

against grey knights, ofcourse. we're reduced to our martial prowess. Funnily enough, this is actually a depiction from the audio book I was listening to.

The Emperor's Legion, by Chris Wraight.

Spoiler

Valerian is investigating a daemonic incursion in some basilica sanctorum iirc. and then a grey knight strike team teleport in as the daemon is summoned and fight side by side with valerian. Which is just so stuffin' awesome.

Then later on outside Aleya rocks up and blanks the GK's ability to banish the daemons with the psychic powers. And Valerian describes them as having to do it the old fashioned way. With sword and bolter. Pretty cool.

On 2/4/2023 at 6:11 AM, INKS said:

Here is what I currently run., 

Shield Captain in Allarus with Axe

Custodian Guard - 1swrd 2 spears

3 Allarus - you can split these up into individuals, which to cover ground you should do. Axes.

5 Witchseekers - flamers on.

This gives you 6 units to cover the board and be effective. It's been a solid success so far. I've played the first 3 missions and haven't lost yet.

I cant wait to build and paint my custodes and try this!

• 2 months later...