Handling Votann

Maritn

I'll have my first game Vs Votann soon and haven't played for quite some time. Anything I should watch out for? What are their weaknesses? From looking at a... ehm... digital Codex it looks like they don't have much close combat units and focus on shooting. Also, a lot of their units seem to be ignoring cover, and the rest invulnerable saves... So which vow to pick? Is always -1 AP in close combat the best one?

Is a big block of 20 crusaders buffed by transhuman physiology and 5+++ a good idea, or is their shooting too good for a unit that is hard to hide? We're playing on a table similar to the GW layouts.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/29/metawatch-warhammer-40000-building-beautiful-balanced-battlefields-for-grand-tournament-play/?utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GW_27th_August_Metawatch_GER_&utm_content=&utm_term=&m_i=mIE4pLaQnvnS04CkxIvZ2lgAJL8V%2BLfIy4LrGGff8%2Bi7v04CK7l4WhkibRf6pdcT_OksZVOaDOjl%2BMxRLLtD4J4EFjylYnymm0

Also, how viable is a foot slogging army? I have no Vanguard Vets, my only mobile units are outriders and Bolter Inceptors. I could teleport in Termies with 2+ charge litany, but they can be screened.

Thanks for you replies. I actually played the 20 man PCS this weekend and it went really well. He made a mistake and did not screen his Land Fortress, so I was able to knock it out in CC with the PCS and 5 Hammernators turn 2 (also I was lucky for having second turn, so he had to move first). The PCS survived the attack of the 2*5 Beserkers and killed 7 of them (interrupting).