Armored Fist 2K Successors List

Cruor Vault

++ Arks of Omen Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Iron Hands) [115 PL, 4CP, 2,000pts] ++

**Chapter Selector**: Custom Chapter, Hungry for Battle, Iron Hands Successor, Master Artisans

Arks of Omen Compulsory Type: Elites

+ HQ +

Primaris Techmarine [5 PL, -2CP, 85pts]: Chapter Command:  Master of the Forge, Rites of War, Stratagem: Relic, The Ironstone, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 90pts]: Haywire Mine
. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. Incursor Sergeant

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 90pts]: Haywire Mine
. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. Incursor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, 140pts]: Multi-melta

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Land Speeders [6 PL, 120pts]
. Land Speeder: Multi-melta

+ Heavy Support +

Gladiator Lancer [9 PL, 125pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Auto Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Ironhail Heavy Stubber

Gladiator Lancer [9 PL, 125pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Auto Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Ironhail Heavy Stubber

Gladiator Reaper [10 PL, 150pts]: Auto Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Ironhail Heavy Stubber

++ Total: [115 PL, 4CP, 2,000pts] ++

Planning on Codex Warfare, Cold Fury and either Engage on All Fronts/Behind Enemy Lines for Secondaries.  The Lancers might want to start in Reserve, as might one unit of Speeders just to ensure I have options when it comes down to ferreting out enemy units and having mobility for table quarters.

Dreads + Techmarine + Reaper form a wall of Iron hitting the center of the table to play in no-man's land.  Master Artisans + Devastator Doctrine means nearly everything will hit.  Hungry for battle helps the speeders get into position a tiny bit faster, plus makes the Dreads turn 2 assault range more reliable.  Codex Warfare and Cold Fury should be sitting at 10-12pts each by turn 3.

The Incursors start the game on home field objectives to engage sticky OBSec before redeploying turns 2-3 using Guerilla Tactics.  If I can clear screens I might even be able to recoup a couple of CP when using Behind Enemy Lines.

HQ decisions are hard...  If I run this as pure Iron Hands I think a MoTF Primaris Techmarine W/Iron Stone is the best option, though there is a strong case to be made for a Librarian running Psychic Fortress instead.  In Either Case WL trait is Rites of War to get Obsec on the Dreads.

As a Successor Chapter I'm not sure the Iron Stone is worth the extra CP cost.  I could see the Vox being better for pushing the Rites of War out to 9".

Edited by Cruor Vault

Lancers are generally considered the poor relations of the Gladiator variants; any reason you chose them over Valiants?

I know sticky objectives allow you to reduce your model count, but I'd be worried that you don't have enough bodies on the field.  Without AoC those Incursors aren't going to live long, I think.

Regardless of either point, that's a list that certainly packs a wallop in the shooting phase.

If your Techmarine is running with the Dreadnought the Ironstone is pointless, it doesn’t stack with with the Dreadnought damage reduction per the FAQ.  Suggestion The Tempered Helm to get back Command Points, or The Gorgon’s Chain to increase your soul Characters Survivability.

If you are really concerned for Charge distance a Chaplain can give you two Aura’s, +2” charge range and 5+++,  with Vox Espiritum those auras have a 9” aura range.

Ironhands Primaris Librarians can have and three deny the witches.  Chief Librarian, Reliquary of Gathalamor for punishing denies, and Will of Iron, and Psychic Mastery.

I would also drop Hungry for Battle, it’s not really going to give you much.  Scions of the Forge however will help your six units with a damage profile remain dangerous for a while.

9 hours ago, Iron Father Ferrum said:

Lancers are generally considered the poor relations of the Gladiator variants; any reason you chose them over Valiants?

I know sticky objectives allow you to reduce your model count, but I'd be worried that you don't have enough bodies on the field.  Without AoC those Incursors aren't going to live long, I think.

Regardless of either point, that's a list that certainly packs a wallop in the shooting phase.

Lancers are 45pts cheaper than the Valiant, and this list already has a fair bit of Melta in it.  At 125pts its not terrible if I lose one of the Lancers early or have to reserve them to give me some options when it comes to taking table quarters.

Im not planning on the Incursors living past turn 3 in most games.  They will start hidden, pop into reserves, then hit objectives turns 2-3 and probably get nuked.  General strategy with a list like this is to cripple the foe quickly with high pressure shooting.

8 hours ago, CCE1981 said:

If your Techmarine is running with the Dreadnought the Ironstone is pointless, it doesn’t stack with with the Dreadnought damage reduction per the FAQ.  Suggestion The Tempered Helm to get back Command Points, or The Gorgon’s Chain to increase your soul Characters Survivability.

If you are really concerned for Charge distance a Chaplain can give you two Aura’s, +2” charge range and 5+++,  with Vox Espiritum those auras have a 9” aura range.

Ironhands Primaris Librarians can have and three deny the witches.  Chief Librarian, Reliquary of Gathalamor for punishing denies, and Will of Iron, and Psychic Mastery.

I would also drop Hungry for Battle, it’s not really going to give you much.  Scions of the Forge however will help your six units with a damage profile remain dangerous for a while.

Techmarine can heal the dreads and throw Ironstone and Guidance onto Speeders or the Reaper.  Speeders with Skilled Riders and Ironstone take a lot more firepower to eliminate than one might think (-1 to hit, -1D).

A chaplain is much more expensive than any of the other character options, and the +2 to charge isn't reliable without Wise Orator (which would lock me out of Rites of War).  I've played around with a Librarian and getting the 5++ is nice, but doesn't help much going second and also locks me out of Abhor the Witch.

I'm looking at a Bladeguard LT with the Vox as a likely alternative.  He would grant a 9" bubble of re-roll 1s and ObSec to anything CORE. and be a lot more durable than the other characters.  His decreased points would also let me upgrade the Incursors to Infiltrators which ups their survivability quite a bit and provides some nice deepstrike defense.

The more I tweak the list the more I think the final form is going to be Hungry for Battle/Artisans + Scions of the Forge, as I plan to swap the Contemptors out for Invictors.