Anyone using Impulsors?

templargdt

12 minutes ago, mytimeprez said:

I’ve been considering it. My concern is how big of a target it’s going to be only running 1 or 2 with everything else being on foot. 

Yeah, I'm thinking about it in view of my list with 3 Redemptors.   For about the cost of  a 5 Man tactical squad (Combiplasma, Multimelta, bolters) but your T7 and really fast.  

Also thinking about the Gladiator Lancer.  Now super cheap comparatively, really sturdy hull.  

Edited by templargdt

2 hours ago, templargdt said:

Thinking about them with the new point changes.  2 Storm Bolters, a multimelta, the missile array on a T7 hull with 5++.  That strikes me as pretty good for the points cost.

How does it get both a 5++ and a missile array?

Edited by Minsc

2 minutes ago, Emicus said:

You can take the vow :)

I like the orbital bombardment, scare character blobs.

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure that OP doesn't accidentally take both the array and the dome on his Impulsors (as that would be illegal).

40 minutes ago, Minsc said:

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure that OP doesn't accidentally take both the array and the dome on his Impulsors (as that would be illegal).

Sorry, I assume that everyone is running Uphold as their Vow by default, especially with the loss of AoC.  

35 minutes ago, templargdt said:

Sorry, I assume that everyone is running Uphold as their Vow by default, especially with the loss of AoC.  

No need to apologize, you've done nothing wrong.

As for your original question, yes I'd consider BT Impulsors with 2 stormbolters, a missile array and a multi-melta is incredible bang-for-the-buck, and my Salamanders will cry themselves to sleep from now on, knowing that their Impulsors can't bring nearly the same amount of firepower...

12 hours ago, templargdt said:

Yeah, I'm thinking about it in view of my list with 3 Redemptors.   For about the cost of  a 5 Man tactical squad (Combiplasma, Multimelta, bolters) but your T7 and really fast.  

Also thinking about the Gladiator Lancer.  Now super cheap comparatively, really sturdy hull.  

I'd recommend the Valiant over the Lancer. 10 shots is better than 2, and the opportunities to use the lancer's range are limited. That said, it's easy to magnatize.

• 2 weeks later...

Solidly considering 2 impulsors filled with sword bros and an emperor's champion in each (if heroic support works this way) 

Gladiator valiant to draw fire but also support them.

Gonna see how quick I can go for their HQs while the foot sloggers catch up

Edited by SirJyo

I ve played a lot with them when they were not buffed yet. And I love them. Now I even love them more. 

I didnt play a match last weeks - i am totally out of meta and so on but I registered on a few tourneys and no matter the meta or any other circumstances I will play my BT

and one list will be a sword brethren list in impulsors ( because I said it for a long time - PSB could be fine when Impulsors are good and they are now).

• 3 weeks later...

Regardless of what it has on itself, mini-Orbital Strike included, it's a great battle taxi for an EC and five angry Templars.

14" move
3" dismount
3" Devout Push for the unit, into CC

and then the untargettable EC (put him just so next to the Impulsor so that he's not the closest to anything) does a 6" Heroic Intervention to get in on the fun.

A 21" threat range with some cool beatsticks like SB or BG? Yes, please.

Edited by Kastor Krieg

So a fellow templar did very well with an impulsor heavy list, here's Cyle Thompson's list he used to get 4th at Wheat City Open in Brandon, Manitoba

Spoiler

++ Arks of Omen Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [162 PL, 1,998pts, 6CP] ++

• Configuration +

Arks of Omen Compulsory Type: Elites

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Chapter Selection: Black Templars

Detachment Command Cost

Game Type: 5. Chapter Approved: Arks of Omen

• HQ +

Chaplain Grimaldus [7 PL, 120pts]: 1. Litany of Divine Protection, 5. Fervent Acclamation, Litany of Hate

• Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts, -2CP] . 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol . Assault Intercessor Sgt: Plasma pistol, Power sword, Stratagem: Champion of the Feast, Stratagem: Revered Repositories, Sword of Judgement

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 90pts]: Haywire Mine . 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades . Incursor Sergeant

• Elites +

Primaris Sword Brethren Squad [16 PL, 88pts] . Primaris Sword Brethren: Plasma pistol, Thunder hammer . Primaris Sword Brethren: Lightning Claw (Pair), Pyre Pistol . Primaris Sword Brethren: Power axe, Pyre Pistol . Primaris Sword Brethren: Heavy Bolt Pistol, Power sword

Primaris Sword Brethren Squad [16 PL, 88pts] . Primaris Sword Brethren: Plasma pistol, Thunder hammer . Primaris Sword Brethren: Lightning Claw (Pair), Pyre Pistol . Primaris Sword Brethren: Power axe, Pyre Pistol . Primaris Sword Brethren: Heavy Bolt Pistol, Power sword

Terminator Assault Squad [18 PL, 264pts] . Assault Terminator Sergeant . . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield . 7x Assault Terminator w/THSS: 7x Storm shield, 7x Thunder hammer

• Heavy Support +

Gladiator Lancer [10 PL, 125pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Auto Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Multi-melta

Gladiator Lancer [10 PL, 125pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Auto Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Multi-melta

• Dedicated Transport +

Impulsor [6 PL, 100pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Bellicatus Missile Array, Multi-melta

Impulsor [6 PL, 100pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Bellicatus Missile Array, Multi-melta

• Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman [19 PL, 300pts, 2CP]: Nobility Made Manifest, Stratagem: Warlord Trait,

I think it's a very odd list that proves that a core of Impulsors is a very good basis for other variations, like more Brethren or Terminators or other tanks or Speeders.

On 2/23/2023 at 1:33 PM, redmapa said:

So a fellow templar did very well with an impulsor heavy list, here's Cyle Thompson's list he used to get 4th at Wheat City Open in Brandon, Manitoba

Hide contents

++ Arks of Omen Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [162 PL, 1,998pts, 6CP] ++

• Configuration +

Arks of Omen Compulsory Type: Elites

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Chapter Selection: Black Templars

Detachment Command Cost

Game Type: 5. Chapter Approved: Arks of Omen

• HQ +

Chaplain Grimaldus [7 PL, 120pts]: 1. Litany of Divine Protection, 5. Fervent Acclamation, Litany of Hate

• Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts, -2CP] . 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol . Assault Intercessor Sgt: Plasma pistol, Power sword, Stratagem: Champion of the Feast, Stratagem: Revered Repositories, Sword of Judgement

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 90pts]: Haywire Mine . 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades . Incursor Sergeant

• Elites +

Terminator Assault Squad [18 PL, 264pts] . Assault Terminator Sergeant . . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield . 7x Assault Terminator w/THSS: 7x Storm shield, 7x Thunder hammer

• Heavy Support +

• Dedicated Transport +

• Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman [19 PL, 300pts, 2CP]: Nobility Made Manifest, Stratagem: Warlord Trait,

I think it's a very odd list that proves that a core of Impulsors is a very good basis for other variations, like more Brethren or Terminators or other tanks or Speeders.

Looks quite strong; I'm just cautious that whenever maxing a single unit becomes the road to success, the nerfbat isn't far behind.