Apothecaries and IC

Vostroi
Go to solution Solved by tinpact,

I have a despoiler unit with a rhino transport as well as a chaplain on foot. I want the chaplain to join the unit and start the game all deployed on the table together. The question is, can an apothecary join the despoilers before the chaplain joins the unit during deployment? 

• Solution

I think that's the only way the Apothecary can join the Despoilers, since they can't join a unit that already has an IC, but an IC can join the unit afterwards during deployment.

But yeah, it's covered in the core rules in the Dedicated Transport section on p.213 and the Independent Character and Apothecarion Detachment rules - basically the Apothecary joins the unit before deployment, the IC joins the unit during deployment, and if they have a DT they all have to be deployed embarked on that transport.

2 hours ago, tinpact said:

I think that's the only way the Apothecary can join the Despoilers, since they can't join a unit that already has an IC, but an IC can join the unit afterwards during deployment.

But yeah, it's covered in the core rules in the Dedicated Transport section on p.213 and the Independent Character and Apothecarion Detachment rules - basically the Apothecary joins the unit before deployment, the IC joins the unit during deployment, and if they have a DT they all have to be deployed embarked on that transport.

This is absolutely correct. 

• 2 weeks later...