Warrior Nun

Has anyone seen this show?  I am just a few episodes in but there is ZERO chance the people making it aren’t into warhammer, and the Adeptus Sororitas specifically.  It’s taking its time setting things up but if you don’t at least chuckle to yourself when a Sister Superior with a massive full face scar trains new recruits with sparring sticks I’d be surprised.  

It’s literally called Warrior Nun and it’s on Netflix.  It’s not a good show but the warrior-nun aesthetics are front and center so I’ve been casually watching it for that.

Edited by Inquisitor Eisenhorn

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 8:52 PM, Dread said:

Yes. May give it a little longer but usually in the fist ten minutes if it doesn't catch me then it's done. 

You may find Warrior Nun Areala, the comic books the TV series is an adaptation of, more entertaining.

Warning for Catholics: Areala's naughty nun costume will DEFINITELY trigger the more devout among you.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 6:47 AM, Dread said:

Made it ten minutes....couldn't take it anymore.

Obviously your not the intended Audience...maybe just stick to Walker Texas ranger :tongue: 

I thought it was fine, just a "popcorn series" as i like to call things that are entertaining but not award winning :biggrin:

I didn't see any real 40K sister links and wasn't looking for them either (the whole world doesn't revolve around GW's stories). 

A shame it got cancelled...  Always happy to see shows do well no matter what they are...

M  

Edited by Mumeishi

On 3/2/2023 at 6:13 PM, Dread said:

Bjorn I made it thru the first episode finally. Giving it a good chance this time. Not really seeing a 40k vibe unless you see her as a repenting, that would work. Getting back to it after the Expanse and Wednesday and the last of us.

I finally made it through the second season.  Was surfing my phone while it was on, but checked in for any good action sequences.  The end of the second season has some pretty great action sequences.  I definitely didn't feel like it needs a 3rd season, it felt wrapped up enough to me. 

It's such a weird show to watch, because I definitely don't think I was the intended audience, but it was interesting to see such a dedicated "warrior nun" aesthetic in a show aimed at a completely demographic than myself (as in, a big 40k fan).

Edited by Inquisitor Eisenhorn