Dark Angels Evolving lists(Currently Drop pod assault with allies)

Galron

Just getting a baseline of a list to work towards. Hopefully GW will do a reprint of the decals in the near future, I need an overpriced sheet. Everything is dreadwing unless it says otherwise.

Faris Redloss(going to convert the Marduk model to have an axe instead of the ugly sword)

5 Deathwing companions with Tyrannic Greatswords + Land Raider Proteus

Centurion Deathwing Librarian with Telepathy

Interempter Squad in a rhino. One upgraded to the Incinerator

Inner Circle Cenobytes x5 + grenade harness and Vexilla in a Land Raider Proteus

Recon squad x5 aug scanner, Nemisis Bolters- Fire Wing

Tac squad x10 with rhino. sgt art armor and powerfist

Tac squad x10 sgt with art armor and powerfist

Tac Support Sqd x5 with plasma incinerators and a rhino

Sicaran Omega with full heavy bolter load- Iron Wing

Sicaran with lascannon sponsons- Iron Wing

Cerberus(when it comes out) Iron wing

Should be a decent all comers list. Hoping the Sicarans will shore up some missing components. I have access to a Punisher and a Venator as well. I need to find some 3d files for the companions, I dont feel 5 power armored dudes with swords are really worth $100+. I might simply print some winged heads and add them to some Sanguinary Guard models I have lying around, strap on some backpacks and appropriate shoulderpads with checkboards and call it good.

The recon squad is there but can be replaced. I would have to convert one from existing models anyway. Why does no one I see use Scout Squads? They are 20 points cheaper.

I would run a contemptor instead of the Recon Squad but would still need to find 60 points. Only way I can think of that is to downgrade the tac support squad to an interempter squad. Is having the contemptor worth it?

Edit: Since the Cerebus isnt out yet, I'll just throw in a Fire Raptor with all the upgrades and bump the TSS back to an Interempter squad the same as the other one and still include the Contemptor and recon. For the time being. Actually easier since I have models for Interempters and would have to convert for the incinerators.

Edited by Galron

Dreads are definitely worth it. Best standard unit in the game imo. 

I love the fire raptor but you have to start it in reserves and it is likely to get shot down before it gets to do anything. The Aug scanners increasing the number of intercept reactions an army can make. This makes me sad as I really want to field one. Generally see a lot of 10 man lascannon squads in the games I've played. 

Interemptors ftw. They are better than a TSS. 

With the Dread RoW your tanks will suffer a move penalty if going into no man's land unless they are dreadwing. Just be mindful. Also you need to have a plan to kill whats in your opponents DZ as they get VPs for surviving units. 

Biomancy is also a good pick for the libby. Can activate it during a reaction and give those companions to meaning no insta death to lascannons. 

List is solid but thought I'd share my thoughts. I've played the dreadwing RoW a few times. Super fun. 

Looks like this will be fun. Nice to see Dreadwing without it being all about phosphex. Looking forward to seeing the conversions.

Scout squads don’t get line and don’t get good models right now, so I think that’s why they are not seen in many lists.

Edited by LameBeard

Everything is dreadwing unless I said otherwise. I figure the gun boat vehicles in the back wouldnt be moving as much so its not as big a deal.

The fireraptor is temporary since I have the model and the Cerebus isnt out yet in plastic. It probably will be before I get a game in at the rate I am moving. So I will have to make some changes when it does come out to fit it in. 

I posted a blog thread over in the general HH area along with a couple pics.

18 hours ago, Galron said:

Everything is dreadwing unless I said otherwise. I figure the gun boat vehicles in the back wouldnt be moving as much so its not as big a deal.

Sorry, I meant Dreadwing. My mistake. What I wanted to say was that the Recons can't have Firewing. They must take Dreadwing too.

Edited by Allart01

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to go a different direction and do a Drop Pods Assault with a Alpha Legion Recon Company Ally

Most of this is still in the design and paint phase. 

AL Recon Company Ally

Exodus

Recon Squad x5 dudes with Nemesis bolters and augury scanner

Scout Squad x5 melta bombs, melta combi, nuncio vox, shotguns

Headhunters x6 guys with heavy bolter and art armor on sgt

Sky Hunter squad x3 with plasma cannons and nuncio vox

Dark Angels Drop Pod Assault

Praetor-master crafted Terranic Greatsword

Retinue- Deathwing Companions Drop pod- 3 Terranic greatswords, 2 Ageis

Contemptor-ironwing, dreadnought drop pod, Plasma Cannon, fist with plasma blaster, havoc launcher. Iron wing

1 Dreadwing Interemptor squad x5 guys in drop pod

Inner Circle Knights Cenobium- Deathwing Dreadstorm Drop pod- Beast hunters

2x Tactical Squads, stormwing, sgt with powerfist and art armor/ drop pod

Tact Support Squad x7 with melta guns Iron Wing/ drop pod

Leviathan 2 storm cannons, heavy flamers, phosphex discharger, Ironwing dreadnought drop pod

The idea is the scouts start on the board on objectives and provide the better chance of going first in order to tie up the opponent in his deployment zone. Very much a death or glory assault. There are a few odds and ends that are optional. I still have points to spend and am not entirely convinced on the melta bombs on the scouts.

Edited by Galron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Been awhile since I have been working a lot on my 40k stufff but there is some crossover.

Dark angels HH drop pod assault

Faris Redloss

Daethwing companions x8 with vexilla. 5 with greatswords and 3 with aegis 

Contemptor plasma cannon, gravis power fist, plasma blaster, havoc launcher- Iron Wing

Apothcary- minor combi weapon

Interemptor squad x8 + Incinerator, augury scanner, artificer armor

Inner Circle Knights- Hunters of Beasts, deathwing, vexilla

2x tactical squads with powerfist and vexilla Stormwing

Tactical Support Squad x10 with meltaguns ironwing

Firewing Enigmatus Cabal

Seeker Squad x10 Firewing

Leviathan 2 heavy flamers, cyclonic meltalance, siege claw, phosphex discharger

2 Dreadnought drop pods

6 Drop pods

1 Dreadclaw drop pod

Very obvious purpose behind this. Every squad has a job that is fairly clear. I note that my area doesnt have a lot of Masters of Signals and we limit reactions to 1 shooting reaction per unit per turn to prevent one unit shooting 3 times in the opponent's turn and this includes the free augury scanner reaction. Its still free but that unit wont be firing overwatch or return fire.

Faris is an optional. For only a few points more you get quite a bit more than a standard praetor.

I cant remember the purpose of the apothecary when I wrote this, Supposedly you cant put apothecaries with retinues for some reason and that would be where I would want him so he might be free points for something else.

Also not sure on the melta support squad and wonder if a second Interempter or a Plasma Repeater LSS squad instead.

Edited by Galron