Returning player

OnlySimple

Hello everyone I am a returning player after being out the game for 15 years and new to the ultramarines.

I am looking at running a ultramarine successor chapter not decided on which one yet though.

got a random rules question now that arks of omen has landed and there are new rules for primarcs I was curious to know if gilliman can be used in ultramarine successor chapters or dose he have to stay with just ultramarines.

sorry for the silly question and thank you in advance 

2 hours ago, OnlySimple said:

Hello everyone I am a returning player after being out the game for 15 years and new to the ultramarines.

I am looking at running a ultramarine successor chapter not decided on which one yet though.

got a random rules question now that arks of omen has landed and there are new rules for primarcs I was curious to know if gilliman can be used in ultramarine successor chapters or dose he have to stay with just ultramarines.

sorry for the silly question and thank you in advance 

Hello! Welcome back to the XIIIth Legion. 

So, Guilliman can be taken in a Supreme Command detachment, alongisde a successor-chapter Arks of Omen detachment, but some of the things he does won't work on successor units. For example, his "Core and Characters within 6" re-roll hits" (which shows on his data sheet as "XIIIth Primarch Aura) only works on Ultramarines, not their successors. So he will give himself rerolls to hit, but nobody else.

However his 12" aura of re-roll 1s to hit and +1 advance and charge (called "Master of Battle" on his datasheet),, works on Imperium units, so will work on successors (and gives him +1 to advance and charge as well).

Welcome back to the Fortress of Hera. Please wipe your boots on the mat so no Ork blood gets on Tarasha Euten's rugs. Bathroom is 3rd door on the right and please tip the serfs.

What sort of list are you considering?

Edited by Captain Idaho

On 2/1/2023 at 1:16 PM, Brother Sergeant Scarus said:

Hello! Welcome back to the XIIIth Legion. 

So, Guilliman can be taken in a Supreme Command detachment, alongisde a successor-chapter Arks of Omen detachment, but some of the things he does won't work on successor units. For example, his "Core and Characters within 6" re-roll hits" (which shows on his data sheet as "XIIIth Primarch Aura) only works on Ultramarines, not their successors. So he will give himself rerolls to hit, but nobody else.

However his 12" aura of re-roll 1s to hit and +1 advance and charge (called "Master of Battle" on his datasheet),, works on Imperium units, so will work on successors (and gives him +1 to advance and charge as well).

I'm not sure you can take a Supreme Command with the AOO Det.  But you can take him in the AOO Det itself, it would be an Adeptus Astartes Det.  But the problem is you'll lose your Doctrine/Tactics level rules because not everyone is an Ultramarine. 

10 hours ago, Tacitus said:

I'm not sure you can take a Supreme Command with the AOO Det.  But you can take him in the AOO Det itself, it would be an Adeptus Astartes Det.  But the problem is you'll lose your Doctrine/Tactics level rules because not everyone is an Ultramarine. 

Actually they released a recent errata that essentially replicates the Supreme Command detachment (a snippet of which is below)

Page 6 – Arks of Omen: Grand Tournament Games, Muster Armies Add the following bullet points after the third bullet point: • You can only include one Supreme Commander unit in an Arks of Omen Detachment.

• You can include an Adeptus Astartes Primarch unit in a Detachment even if it does not share the keyword of other units in that Detachment. Doing so does not prevent any other units from gaining their Detachment Rules. 

So he Guilliman wouldn't prevent doctrines or chapter tactics in a successor list.