Showcase your "showpiece" models, please!

The Horus Heresy range as a whole has no shortage of wonderful models. Most collectors will aspire to add some of these to their collection, even if they don't see play on a regular basis.

They could be Primarchs and other characters, Greater Daemons, Gigantic Resin Tanks, Titans, or simply a lovingly converted HQ model that leads the army on the tabletop.

So, let's take this opportunity to show some of these off. I'll start with the Guilliman model that leads my 30k forces (not the 1st time I posted a pic of him):

Guilliman.jpg

Well, that's fortunate, I was going to update shortly my HH tread with my most recent minis, which includes an HQ conversion that has been years in the making:

Camus Edrare, Siege Breaker of the LXXXI Company of the Imperial Fists

large.IMG_20230131_191508.jpg.d7efa936c262e09d0e7708bc38cc29e0.jpg

Edited by Elzender

8 minutes ago, Elzender said:

Well, that's fortunate, I was going to update shortly my HH tread with my most recent minis, which includes an HQ conversion that has been years in the making:

Camus Edrare, Siege Breaker of the LXXI Company of the Imperial Fists

large.IMG_20230131_191508.jpg.d7efa936c262e09d0e7708bc38cc29e0.jpg

Always love a siege-breaker with a shield~

Spoiler
18 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

The Horus Heresy range as a whole has no shortage of wonderful models. Most collectors will aspire to add some of these to their collection, even if they don't see play on a regular basis.

They could be Primarchs and other characters, Greater Daemons, Gigantic Resin Tanks, Titans, or simply a lovingly converted HQ model that leads the army on the tabletop.

So, let's take this opportunity to show some of these off. I'll start with the Guilliman model that leads my 30k forces (not the 1st time I posted a pic of him):

Guilliman.jpg

Dude that's exquisite!

Wow some absolutely beautiful stuff here and a great idea for a thread!

Very hard to pick one mini, but I'll go for this one as a bit of a random take: it's a World Eater legionnaire with some Beastmen auxiliaries. I like it as it's a bit retro (it's kind of come back into the lore, even as I don't get the sense the background writers are terribly comfortable with it) so it's very different to both modern 40k and most of the official heresy-era stuff. And I wonder, what did this guy do to get posted with the great-crusade equivalent of latrine duty?

Beastmen2.jpg

8 hours ago, LameBeard said:

Luna Wolves white - classy

made a whole huge force of the luna lads!  Gotta' cross the Heresy & Crusade army T's

7 hours ago, Pacific81 said:

Wow some absolutely beautiful stuff here and a great idea for a thread!

Very hard to pick one mini, but I'll go for this one as a bit of a random take: it's a World Eater legionnaire with some Beastmen auxiliaries. I like it as it's a bit retro (it's kind of come back into the lore, even as I don't get the sense the background writers are terribly comfortable with it) so it's very different to both modern 40k and most of the official heresy-era stuff. And I wonder, what did this guy do to get posted with the great-crusade equivalent of latrine duty?

Beastmen2.jpg

Oh man... Every time I see good "Epic" stuff like this I get an overwhelming urge to make a force myself... So good.

On 2/4/2023 at 7:08 AM, Spagunk said:

I'm doing my part!

image.thumb.jpeg.cce4808a764c24af9047923e7f57311e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5f000f84065c3a17be07bbfababaac71.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9c4a55c333a09d6b8b2c32b51cddb540.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2d801b3b70f691067cbe0259633cd964.jpeg

Loving the grey knight power pack

1 hour ago, Dwango said:

Nice thread. I have a couple, one's a Fellblade but i should really show the Primarch;

20211229_215515.jpg

20211229_215644.jpg

Dude that’s so mint, I stuffin love the Lion, do you own two? How did you swap weapons so easily?

9 hours ago, Reskin said:

Loving the grey knight power pack

Dude that’s so mint, I stuffin love the Lion, do you own two? How did you swap weapons so easily?

Cheers buddy! No just 1 Lion. I magnetised the head sword and scabbard. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2023 at 11:57 AM, Orange Knight said:

Guys, I must admit I am disappointed!

So few responses. Where are the fabled Titans and other exotic units? No pressure of course lol - I don't own one either.

Titans, eh? How about Excidium Ultimum here?

1153516-.jpg

1153518-.jpg

Or some of her smaller family?

1115251-.JPG

... oh you meant 28 mm scaled, bugger :D

Even there my Falchion "Fourth Horseman" has gotten on the gaming table multiple times, oddly enough.

1125630-.JPG

Still pretty proud of the NMM on the main guns, though.

1113460-.jpg

I'm not even playing HH, but the setting does offer a welcome excuse to explore the earlier incarnation of my (40) World Eaters a bit.

So here's Angron (fairly standard, this one):

forgeworld-angron-tweaked-base-1.jpg

But I also have a converted plastic version of him, inspired by a piece of artwork from the old HH Trading Card Game/Visions of Heresy Artbooks:

angron-primarch-of-the-world-eaters-we-v

Then there's my version of Khârn, Captain of the World Eaters' 8th Company:

eight-captain-kharn-of-the-world-eaters-

eight-captain-kharn-of-the-world-eaters-

And finally, here's "Raud the Hunter", a converted old plastic Contemptor, turned into a World Eaters Dreadnought, that I am still pretty happy with:

hunter-contemptor-1.jpg