Big bug list idea

XeonDragon

So, I am looking to play a 'Nidzilla' list with models I have already built/painted up and/or love the look of. My rough, first draft list (using Arks of Omen detachment focused on heavies) is:

HQ Neuro

Elite 3 x Zoans

Heavies:

1. Acid-spray t-fex
  2. Scythed hierodule 
  3. Scythed hierodule
  4. Rupture cannon t-fex
  5. Rupture cannon t-fex
  6. Barbed Hierodule 

Fast Dimachearon

Total points is 1960, leaving points for some adaptive physiologies (probably Synaptic Enhancement and dermic symbiosis).

The general idea is to have some long-ranged firepower to sit at the back/slowly move up, and then lots of auto-hitting acid and decent melee to take the centre/rush-up. The Dimacheron is there for a fast distraction, the Zoan and Neuro are there for mandatory HQ and imperatives.

So, all feedback/suggestions welcome, but I'd really like the Hive Mind wisdom as to which hive fleet to run this list or one similar to it in :)

List iv not much to add. You will know its strengths and weaknesses. Your reqll questions left is which hive fleet and powers to add. You likely will want to get obsec on your monsters but anythoughts what else? I like kronos but doubt it adds much so whichever way you get lurk... (creation or one that gives access to terrotial instincts)

synaptic enhancement wont really add much cept the imperative spread. (Which you will lose if the neurothrope dies if its the warlord) however theres a few good choices as well as adrenal glands.

Have you considered warlord traits? Neurothope giiving his boost to itself and the zoanthropes has been quite good for me fishing for supersmites. Iirc synaptic tendrils.

As for powers do the bigger monsters count as titanic? If not being able to give one fnp from catalist can be great or onslaught for the diama... 

I think obsec on monsters would be good. Much of the list is "big" melee (acid t-fex, scythed hierodules, dimachaeron) or shooting/melee (other t-fexes, barbed hierodule) - some maybe something to boost melee, or boost survivability? Now that AoC is gone, I think the shooting is fine.

All the models are non-titanic, so catalyst should be good. Haven't thought about WL traits yet... still trying to decide on hive fleet! :(

what i did when deciding with what i have etc was take each hivefleet and rate each of the options against what i wanted to achieve and overall what suited best. now iv a nonstandard scheme so can swap pretty easily which is great about nids. if you want obsec nids i think its under lurk so can pick based on which fleets allow it/ create from scratch but i dont think youll get as much benefit from a scratch build tbh