INKS Iron Butchers

INKS

What do you get when you cross Iron Warriors with World Eaters? The IRON BUTCHERS. No really, I am not making this up. google it. lol

I've been torn and looking for a way to combine my love of Iron Warriors (I still suck at masking off shoulder pads for stripes, just too small) and the need to play the new World Eaters. While these are two different forces (The Iron Warriors are really real back burner), I also wanted to paint both just a little bit differently. I love how easy (minus the stripes) Iron Warriors are. And I did not want another red army. (I am looking at you bloodletters and blood angels) When I stumbled upon the IRON BUTCHERS it was perfect. It's also how I want to play the world eaters, I think fire support is important. I think hitting in 2 waves of CC is important. So the theory of combining the two works out well.

Anyway, I had a box of legionaries and WE can't take Legionaries (even if they could, hello berserkers), so these are more for the IW side of the army. Still this gives an idea of what they'll look like once painted up.

large.IMG_0227.JPG.39155f9bdac34600febec4cc5b2ac436.JPGlarge.IMG_0226.JPG.263f320238bba68372fd49a17483adaf.JPGlarge.IMG_0225.JPG.b6044b3f9eac098f2d9bb3f0dc59b197.JPG

I don't Nuln Oil and then yellow and then Nuln oil again. I just paint the yellow and  nuln oil once. I more or less follow this guide for the rest of it. I added the red after, so that is just khorne red. In the future I'll be painting the red and then nuln oil it all, then pads.

If my hands were steadier I would line highlight the red to make it pop a little more, but this will have to do

• 3 weeks later...