Firefox causing issues with Games Workshop webstore and MyWarhammer. Help requested.

Harleqvin

Is anyone having issues with trying to look at the GW webstore. I'm in the US.
I can view the community site, but having issues with not being able to see the webstore, and issues with MyWarhammer account.

I am on my PC, and haven't messed with MiPhone as it died a while ago, and I haven't charged it yet.
But wondering if this is a wider spread issue than just me.

Edited by Harleqvin
accurate title

On 2/6/2023 at 4:41 AM, TrawlingCleaner said:

=][= Moved to the Amicus =][=

thanks. i forgot that this should have gone here.

Ā 

Ā 

But, it seems it is a me issue for not being able to see the site. Not sure why.
I normally use Firefox.
Switched over to Chrome, and i can go tot he webstore and view it and same for mywarhammer.
Firefox, which I generally use, not working.
and I can't figure it out.

Does anyone have any potential thoughts for a solution?

On 2/6/2023 at 6:02 AM, lansalt said:

I use Firefox daily and I don't see any problems right now browsing or searching in WarCom, GW or FW. I'm not logged in, though.

Ā 

On 2/6/2023 at 2:48 PM, NovemberIX said:

Seems to load up fine on my end, might be an extension issue with something like uBlock, NoScript or, Adblock Plus.

It's weird. I can view WHC, I can see Black Library, I can see Warhammer Merch, I can see Warhammer World site, I can see the Warhammer Stores section, I can't see the Warhammer store Finder section (which is because it goes directly to the GW website for it,) I can go to MyWarhammer but it says there's an error and won't let me do anything (including signing in,) still can't see anything for GW/FW site which all it say si this:

The page isnā€™t redirecting properly

An error occurred during a connection to gamesworkshop.queue-it.net.

Ā Ā Ā  This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

For MyWarhammer it says this:

Error invalid_request

error.errorinvalid_request

Tracking ID 9f789cb98be37642dc01

Also the tracking ID # is never the same when I refresh or try to go to another part (account, library, details, etc.)

Which I can't figure out why. I didn't use to have an issue with this. But it's been almost a year since I had last used my PC. Ren Faire season ( I work for a vendor who sells clothing at Renaissance Faires,) I was mostly away from home, and I moved in the last couple months and I just set up my PC. But never had this issue before, but am now.
My browser settings haven't changed. but still adjusted them from strict to standard and back. I cleared my history/cache. I just don't see why it's happening.

Ā 

I don't use Adblock uBLock or NoScript. the only plug-ins I have are the Openh264, and Widevine content decryption that Mozilla auto does.

Ā 

On 2/6/2023 at 3:33 PM, phandaal said:

Leaning hard into that Vashtorr lore!

That's pretty funny

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'm just at a loss. I like Firefox, but not a fan of having to use multple browsers to look at stuff on my PC... Like I already have to do this for CBS All Access, there was something funky and it just wouldn't work with Firefox for watching videos (it was something funky with an update to CBS website and they didn't fix it.) However I just checked, and it's now working since they changed it to Paramount+... So at least there's that good surprise. lqtm

Edited by Harleqvin

Have you already tried to clear all the cookies to the specific websites. Usually that clears website issues for me, but you'll probably need to be thorough and clear all variants of warhammer URL like warhammer-community, warhammer-vault, mywarhammer, warhammerplus, and whatever else they have conjured.

2 hours ago, Nephaston said:

Have you already tried to clear all the cookies to the specific websites. Usually that clears website issues for me, but you'll probably need to be thorough and clear all variants of warhammer URL like warhammer-community, warhammer-vault, mywarhammer, warhammerplus, and whatever else they have conjured.

Yeah, I cleared my history & cache. So I just donā€™t get why itā€™s happening. Like mentioned before itā€™s GW webstore, FW webstore (likely because it uses similar/same system,) and some issues with MyWarhammer. BL, WHC, and all the rest of their pages are fine.

Iā€™m gonna see if my pc needs any updates. Maybe itā€™s just something stupid on windows end. I mean weirder things have been culprits for issuesā€¦

On 2/7/2023 at 4:57 PM, Emperor Ming said:

Not using google because?:ermm:

Ā 

Ā 

I just prefer Firefox over Chrome ={D>

Ā 

On 2/7/2023 at 8:26 PM, Nephaston said:

Is your Firefox on it's most recent update? If yes, try to see if you can go back to a previous update. If no, try to manually update.

It is up to date, it's own auto thing. Not sure if I updated before or after initially checking the GW site...
I will try to do manual update (like maybe its auto did something funky,) and if that doesn't work I'll see if I can go back to a previous update.

On 2/8/2023 at 2:59 AM, lansalt said:

Disable all extensions and try again, enabling them one by one. Your Firefox may be blocking or disabling cookies or functionality of GW sites that make them do not work as they should.

I don't have any extensions on. Just the two plug ins mentioned abit above. disable those and then reactivate is what you suggest?

edit - no dice on that.

Edited by Harleqvin

stabbing in the dark, but try going to settings > Privacy & Security scroll down to Cookies and Site Data, first check if que-it.net is in Manage Data, and then add it as an exception to allow under the Manage Exceptions button. Further I'd check down under permissions and check the settings for location and notifications. The only other thing I can theorize is there's a security setting in Chrome that's changing the way the OS handles certain requests. I once had a strange issue with having to allow a script in Firefox before Edge would be allowed to load a page.

On 2/8/2023 at 12:44 PM, NovemberIX said:

stabbing in the dark, but try going to settings > Privacy & Security scroll down to Cookies and Site Data, first check if que-it.net is in Manage Data, and then add it as an exception to allow under the Manage Exceptions button. Further I'd check down under permissions and check the settings for location and notifications. The only other thing I can theorize is there's a security setting in Chrome that's changing the way the OS handles certain requests. I once had a strange issue with having to allow a script in Firefox before Edge would be allowed to load a page.

I'll try that.

@NovemberIX, tried the allowing exception for queue-it.net and it didn't work
there isn't anything in locations or notifications showing for any sites.

For whatever reason, Firefox for me is having issues. I might just have to accept it, and use chrome for viewing GW stuff Firefox isn't for the now, as I don't want to lose all the saved /bookmarked sites and such if I were to delete Firefox and reinstall.

So far thank you everyone for the help.

Edited by Harleqvin

ugh... I refreshed firefox settings, and that caused other issues...
I seem to have gotten those issues figured out, but still can't get GW or FW webstores to redirect correctly, norĀ  mywarhammer working correctly.
<sigh>