If you could expand the statline, what would you add?

Tymell

1 minute ago, Arkangilos said:

Wow, totally missed the point. It was an example to say, “just because the game is fantasy doesn’t mean realism can’t be an argument”.

You care enough to reply ;)

Honestly the ones that are getting the most defensive here are the ones who want initiative to stay gone.

I'm replying out of politeness. Isn't that the reason to quote someone else's post to engage in dialouge? Regarding FF (and it looks like your talking about 7) your issue is the sword size, not the fact there are aliens, giant ancient robots that protects the planet life force, people thinking they are other people, an ancient cat/dog that can talk, a dude with a gun mounted on his arm with no ammo what so ever. Again, the sword size is so insignificant in the game compared to half the other stuff but it's a certain hill you want to die on. It's almost like fantasy is in the name of the game.

At the end of the day I don't care. Iniative is gone. Maybe it comes back next edition, maybe it doesn't. Don't know. But for now I'm glad it's gone. I wish everyone could play their perfect version of the game, get their cake and eat it. But we can't.

10 hours ago, Reskin said:

You want to nerf my whole army even more than it is? No thanks.

Sure, because the same change applied to every army in the entire game in which nobody's "power" changes relative to anybody else's is obviously a nerf.

I mean responses like this summarise why trying to talk about rules hypotheticals is a fools errand. No content, no discussion, no "I disagree because..." or "here's why that doesn't work", just "THIS BAD, YOU NO CHANGE MY DUDES"

heck yeah bro, ive dumped thousands of dollars into this hobby, ive had 6 total armies and 2 8th ed fantasy armies.

I want to actually play with my toys and not have them suck. So yes, I want my dude to be awesome. You can have the crap ones, thats fine by me.

Edited by Brother Lunkhead
language

On 2/10/2023 at 3:35 AM, Reskin said:

heck yeah bro, ive dumped thousands of dollars into this hobby, ive had 6 total armies and 2 8th ed fantasy armies.

I want to actually play with my toys and not have them suck. So yes, I want my dude to be awesome. You can have the crap ones, thats fine by me.

Sucking is pretty relative

but if we all shared that logic the game’s lethality would become even more outrageously broken.

Edited by Brother Lunkhead
language

6 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

your issue is the sword size

Aesthetics is the point, not the sword size. The look of the weapons pulls me out. The point is you can both have a ridiculous setting while maintaining decent and somewhat realistic parts of it (like aesthetics and aspects of things like the speed of the races having representation). 

6 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

At the end of the day I don't care. Iniative is gone. Maybe it comes back next edition, maybe it doesn't. Don't know. But for now I'm glad it's gone. I wish everyone could play their perfect version of the game, get their cake and eat it. But we can't.

Good, so when someone says they want it back, continue not caring and don’t reply as if they are wrong for wanting it back.