Rann and Imperial Fists

Starlight_Wolf

My friends are running a Narrative Tale campaign (Featuring World Eaters, Imperial Fists, Blood Angels and My Sons of Horus). I just wanted to ask as I'm relatively new to the system, having come with the rest of the group from 40k, what would you recommend a) for a fluffy SoH army composition, I have a couple of lists written out, just really want to see if there's anyway I can make the lists fluffier, without completely capping myself, and b) how do you recommend dealing with terminators (Cataphractii specifically) and Fenrir Rann, since he looks particularly nasty and short of 'shoot him off the table' (since charging or being charged by him aren't great options due to rules and those two axes) what would be the best advice when facing him across the table?

Fafnir is less of a problem if your Fist player doesnt go full hard on Stone Gauntlet RoW and 3+ Units of Phalanx Warders.

For the Cataphractii the best is drown them in wounds or get alot of S8+ Wounds hitting them remember Cataphractii are slow, the slowest unit in the books, you should be able to outrun them.

8 hours ago, Bung said:

Fafnir is less of a problem if your Fist player doesnt go full hard on Stone Gauntlet RoW and 3+ Units of Phalanx Warders.

For the Cataphractii the best is drown them in wounds or get alot of S8+ Wounds hitting them remember Cataphractii are slow, the slowest unit in the books, you should be able to outrun them.

Only if the Cataphtractii are not IF... 

The fists can upgrade their Terminators to Deep Strike.

Because ofcourse THEY can...

So "outrun them" is not really an option, when they drop 6" away from you.

But yeah, other Legion's Cataphractiis are relatively easy to outmanouver, if they are on foot! 

On 2/9/2023 at 12:38 AM, MichaelCarmine said:

Only if the Cataphtractii are not IF... 

The fists can upgrade their Terminators to Deep Strike.

Because ofcourse THEY can...

So "outrun them" is not really an option, when they drop 6" away from you.

But yeah, other Legion's Cataphractiis are relatively easy to outmanouver, if they are on foot! 

I play Fists myself.

Even then you can outrun them, moving away from the Charge and then keep moving is one option if there is only one deep striking Squad of Terminators.

The problem is, how Deep Strike works per the book.

Hammerfall as RoW can be worse than Stone Gauntlet if you play a skew list.

On 2/10/2023 at 11:29 AM, Bung said:

I play Fists myself.

Even then you can outrun them, moving away from the Charge and then keep moving is one option if there is only one deep striking Squad of Terminators.

The problem is, how Deep Strike works per the book.

Hammerfall as RoW can be worse than Stone Gauntlet if you play a skew list.

How do you move away from a charge, when they deep strike? =]

Deep Strike is no "movement", so you cannot react with advance/withdraw, only intercept.

Yes, DeepStrike, RAW is ridiculously overpowered, if you drop with more then 2 units... only way to counter this effectively is with telepathy Librarians, imo...

Yes, with Imperial Fists, DeepStrike lists become even more powerfull!