Malicious Misdirection (Daemons) vs. From Every Angle (GSC)

9x19 Parabellum

I recently was watching a game between slaneeshi daemons and gsc at my FLGS and a conflict arose between these two special rules.

Malicious Misdirection says the battle round is treated as "2" for the purpose of the opponent bringing in their reinforcements.

From Every Angle says the battle round is treated as being one higher for the purpose of bringing in one's own reinforcements.

The players asked me for a decision as I was merely an observer and had no skin in their game. 

My decision was that it was possible for both rules to be applied. The Daemon Ayer set the reinforcements "clock" to turn 2, and then the GSC player (for that one unit) always got to consider it to be turn 3.

Anyone have a different interpretation of this interaction?

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding modifiers, set values are generally applied after any modifiers, such as +1 to hit vs 'always hits on a 2+'.

In this instance though, I'd agree with you that the wording implies the current turn number would be set to 2, the GSC rule says higher, so it would be set to 2, the one higher. This would need an FAQ though. 

It's broadly academic, though. We're almost always using Every Angle to drop in in turn one, and Misdirection can't affect that at all, as we already count it as turn two.