Black Templar force. WH40k

darkhoras

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Brother Christopher said:

Greetings from Poland, Brother! I like your style and really appreciate the details on the tabards - they're a nice touch. I and am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thank you, I will try to paint more and spend less time :-) Also thank you for your feedback!

Like the others have said, the little details and heraldry makes them stand out and gives them personality. It'll be a striking force in no time! I in particular like the cross on second brother's faceplate. If I were to offer any small suggestion, the swords in their whole red could maybe use some visual interest. If only a pass with a brighter red on the edges or a drybrush to make the edges of it more defined.

Hope to see more!

On 4/30/2023 at 11:23 PM, Torbenos said:

Like the others have said, the little details and heraldry makes them stand out and gives them personality. It'll be a striking force in no time! I in particular like the cross on second brother's faceplate. If I were to offer any small suggestion, the swords in their whole red could maybe use some visual interest. If only a pass with a brighter red on the edges or a drybrush to make the edges of it more defined.

Hope to see more!

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, I also like personality and additional small details, to make them individual. 
Also, I am thinking about some details on gun case and sword. Don't like pure red... Maybe some metalic chips or smth like this. Now I am working on Sword Brother and brother with Power Fist. I am planning to make yellow gun case and Power fist with some red flames. Interesting what happens. 

Also regading cross on face. I like this brother very much, but need to work on precise lines. 

• 4 weeks later...

We continue add brothers to our ranks. Special CC Brother is here.

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-29.jpg

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-30 (2).jpg

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-30.jpg

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-31.jpg

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-32 (2).jpg

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-32.jpg

Also, Sword Brethen Brother is ready to show some example.  (And Yes, I failed. This guy should be on 40mm base and not on 32mm)

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-21.jpg

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-24 (2).jpg

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-24.jpg

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-25.jpg

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-26.jpg

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-27.jpg

photo_2023-05-28_19-51-28.jpg

Edited by darkhoras

11 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Nice work. The change to yellow accents on the power fist marine provides quite a nice contrast, and an easy way to pick them out visually :smile: 

Thank you for feedback. Yes, yellow provides contrast + as you correct mention, it will be easy find him and not remove acedentally from the table. 

They look good to me. :smile: 

Would you consider adding a fine edge highlight to the hard edges on the bolter and chainsword casings? It might just bring a little more definition to the shape?

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

38 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

A fine start to your crusade, brother

What will you be adding next?

Thank you!

Next one will be Redemptor Dreadnought and Emperor's Champion. 
I also already have Grimaldus and Helbrecht minis. 
I don't have any strong ideas at present moment. 

32 minutes ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

They look good to me. :smile: 

Would you consider adding a fine edge highlight to the hard edges on the bolter and chainsword casings? It might just bring a little more definition to the shape?

Thanks, I will think about red highlights. I agree that they ask something more.

Edited by darkhoras

16 hours ago, darkhoras said:

Thanks, I will think about red highlights. I agree that they ask something more.

I think I'd try applying a 50:50 mix of a highlight colour and your base colour as a fine edge highlight across the hard edges. There's a few options you could look at on top of the obvious "light red" - ochre, orange, skin tone, and bone colours. They're quite angular, so they should be easy to pick out with the side of the brush :smile: 

Edited by Firedrake Cordova
Clarity