How to make Stone Gauntlet “Friendly”

General Zodd

Hi all,

I started building my long-dreamt-of Imperial Fist army with the new edition, and have just over 2k of stuff, but not really yet a coherent force. I’m looking to start building towards a defined 2k list, and then on to 3k.

I chose Fists many years ago, but given there’s a lot of grumbling about how the Fists are too good, and their most iconic RoW in particular, I wanted to ask what people’s problems are with it, and how I might build a list for it without losing all my friends.

So, what’s acceptable, and what’s taking the mick, in your opinion? Presumably multiple 20-man Phalanx Warder units, all with Apothecaries and led by Fafnir Rann is one extreme. But seeing as you have to take at least two units, where would you draw the line at being ‘too much’?

1 hour ago, Stitch5000 said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone got any good examples of Imperial Fists utilising large formations of shield-equipped troops in the BL HH novels? (I'm aware there are some mentions of that kind of thing in the SoT books)

The Crimson Fist, the story about the Battle of Phall, features IF breachers doing boarding actions into IW ships.

Edited by lansalt