Death Guard and Boarding Actions

ArcNitemare

Given this new way to play has been out for about a month now what is people's thoughts and opinions on how the Death Guard operate in this new (for us) theater of war? I myself wonder if Plague Marines and Blightlord Terminators may be too slow, and perhaps we might see Possessed come into their own.

Looking forward to seeing the thoughts and opinions of others.

While not specifically for boarding actions, here is the current meta watch from GW that was just posted. Death Guard were ranked 19/26. They usually are a bottom third teir and are always under 50%. They are the slowest army and lost their staying power by removing 5+++ for the much worse -1D in an edition filled with codex creep and increased wargear lethality.

Unfortunately I have nothing to add as I generally don't participate in end of edition cash grabs. I'm just waiting for 10th to see what happens.

pH5V1UTw4BVKJR2Q.jpg

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

I've not really considered breaking out my Death Guard in a boarding patrol yet, I've not had many chances to play it and am still exploring my Blood Angels, but the list I'd want to try (if I had the Lord of Virulence) would be.

Lord of Virulence (having a HQ who contributes in two phases, so either a psyker or a good short range gun is important if you are going to take one)

5 Plague marines

1 spawn

3 Deathshroud

And then I'm torn on the last 114 points between another 5 plague marines or two units of 10 poxwakers for some board control.